P3droid temp help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by goodnyt, Aug 24, 2010.

1. goodnyt

goodnyt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey as you can see im still new but i downloaded the new p3droid kernel and ran a bench mark, my total cpu score was 1461.1606. now i had chevy's version and it was 1252.... or something im afraid of over heating my phone i'm running at 36c and 96f is that a normal temp or should i switch back

2. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    If you go here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html it is a pretty extensive thread on overclocking and how it all works and what you should watch out for. I find myself constantly checking back on it about things. According to the thread there u shouldn't let the BATTERY hit 120F or more. The CPU can supposedly handle up to 170F but it isn't recommended going higher than 135F for any length of time due to the fact the MOTHERBOARD and COMPONENTS around it are rated at 154F. Its says that you should try and keep the GENERAL temperture of your droid 130F or lower.
    ALL OF THIS IS CREDITED TO "Skull One" as he wrote the thread.
    I'm not as experienced as some other people and am having overclocking problems myself, but I THINK that u should definitly be fine with anything 110F and under( find mine at 130F sometimes). It would definitly be good to take a couple minutes though and read that thread as there is a lot of good info in it.
    Just wanna state that I "dont know much" just trying to be resourceful and pass along info i have used.