P3Droid: Some Food for Thought - Bootloaders, Rooting, Manufacturers, and Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Freedom of Speech, Freedom of expression.

Corporations cannot touch this as it is our basic rights living in America.

I exorcize both of those rights with whatever modifications I do to my phone, and no corporation can deny me those rights, no matter what fine-print they add to their contracts.

If they claim they do, then they are considered Terrorists against American beliefs and rights and should be fully investigated and damned by the public of America, as they have no grounds under the Constitution to do so.

+1 nice

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Viktorr

Reaction score
I mean I exercise, or whatever. I bring forth those rights. Yeah, I know, people's rights in this country are easily walked over when money is involved. Fnck money, I pay for what I get.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon doesn't want you to take the bloatware out.

I dont think bloatware has anything to do with this, as much as I believe that tethering is only a partial reason. The more I sit and think about people's responses, the more things jump out at me.

I always compare life in Android Land to a PC experience. Sure, microsoft isnt open source, but that aside there are a great many similarities. What do you get now, and for the last decade or more, on every store bought PC? Tons of manufacturer installed bloatware. Shareware games, built in services that are not on stock windows, etc. Just as HTC, Motorola and Samsung have their bloatware, so does every PC manufacturer (HP is the worst IMO). The product, being the software, is already sold before the computers/phones are physically in stores. You can remove the crappy PC stuff the second you get your computer, but I have never in my short time on earth heard of a company gripe about end users having that ability. Why would it be so different with smartphones?

Not to mention that P3 has not given any details about specifically WHY this is speculated to happen. It is the community who are branding themselves with the reasons: Tethering, removing bloatware, warranty abuse, god knows what else "could" be the reason.

I have a major question here, now that I brought up the PC and Android topic. Why do carriers have so much control over the end result of the phone, and why do cell phone manufacturers oblige by this? With a personal computer the only thing the manufacturer has to follow are Microsofts specifications: If it runs, and does the job, you can put it up for sale (not quite so easy, but bear with me. Im already typing a ton). I will link this issue to Google deciding to bring down the hammer on Carrier/Manufacturer decisions. Microsoft and Apple, much moreso Apple, have policies about how hardware and software are built into the machines, and because of this we dont see the horrible mix of user interfaces, unremoveable to the general user software, and the ensuing Root Community versus Carrier/Manufacturer war.

In short I believe that this move to stop rooters, is about money for sure. But the reason is deeper than petty bloatware or tethering. I will even go so far to say that warranty claims are not the big reason. Like others have said, this is about locking down everything, breaking the open source nature of android, and wanting to have the ability to charge for every little service possible.
Computer manufacturers don't sell data.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
for what it's worth, andirc said this:

TeamAndIRC ✔ Justin Case
@
@BiggiePhat He was wrong to warn tbolt users, absolutely right to warn DroidX users, esp the ones on the leaked radio.
59 seconds ago

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now this taint of a thread is twitter 101. Oh well its better then the past discussions. I'm done unsubscribed.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm confused...what the hell is going on? Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Now this taint of a thread is twitter 101. Oh well its better then the past discussions. I'm done unsubscribed.

Taint no thang, but a chicken wang. Just ask rick Astley.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.