p3droid modules??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by caboyzcoti, Sep 1, 2010.

1. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey would someone be able to explain what p3droids list of modules do on his page ang how to use them properly? Id really like to actually understand those letters but I'm definitely too affraid to just go crazy installing stuff lol especially cause I have no pc right now, there is no link or explaination on this page and all the searches here come up with like every post. It would be appreciated, thanks, cotiface

P.s. there have been more stupid questions right? Lol

2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, if you don't know what the modules are, they won't be useful to you, so I wouldn't bother looking any further into them unless there's a guide somewhere that directs you to in the process of getting something set up that you want.

These are modules, meaning that they provide low-level connectivity. No GUI, no apps, just very basic command-line-only access. These are all filesystem driver modules, meaning that they are used to connect and mount filesystems.

CIFS - used for connecting to and mounting windows file shares. Also called SMB or Samba. Server Message Block - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    UFS - used for connecting drives formatted using UNIX File System Unix File System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    XFS - XFS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    EXT 2/3/4 - The standard filesystem type for linux systems. Extended file system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FUSE - Filesystem in Userspace. Used for mounting virtual filesystems, such as sshfs. Filesystem in Userspace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    NFS - Network File System. The standard for unix network storage. Network File System (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    RAMZSWAP - Compcache. compcache - Project Hosting on Google Code
    SQUASHFS - Compressed read-only filesystem type. SquashFS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot, I plan to learn tho :) goin to tech school soon haha