p3droid kernal vs adamz

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by searayman, Apr 5, 2010.

1. searayman

searayman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw that p3droid has made ultra low voltage kernals. Are these lower voltage then Adamz kernals? If so has anyone had any luck with them having better battery life?

2. maladroid

maladroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah! I've been waiting for someone to bring up this issue.

I'm not sure what the actual (if any) voltage disparity is, or what qualifies as "ultra low," but what I can tell you is that the ultra low are stable on my droid, currently using the 1100mhz one to run Cyanogen 5.0.5.7.

To me at least, it seems like the best kernel option for Cyanogen - the one that is the most stable, runs the coolest, and consequently, provides the best battery life.

I get insane sleep temperatures - if I haven't used my phone in a few minutes, I'll wake it up to find it resting at 14C! Haven't seen a temp that low with any other kernels (even adamz low).

I use the kernel at 600mhz, and boost performance with JIT (at 600, you don't get very many soft boots at all). This way, I can enjoy a respectable 7.3 mflops while still running at stock speed.

P3 if you read this, great work again!

I am curious though as to why no one else has jumped on this "ultra low" concept, or why it hasn't really caused much of a stir. I feel like I stumbled upon something awesome that no one else seems to care about, even though they all ask endless questions about low voltage, no one seems to care that there are supposedly "ultra low" alaternatives out there??