P3Droid - FRG22D, rooted, deodexed, busybox

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shadez, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010
  2. tlippert

tlippert New Member

installing now... thanks p3
  3. Fuzzball

Fuzzball New Member

Darn. I was hoping for a odex version since I like the speed over doing themeing for now. Unless someone would be nice enough to provide a link for one that I have missed.
  4. tlippert

tlippert New Member

after installing I got the ota update from verizon... I thought this would be the update and it would not come through... anyway.. I didn't install it..
    edit...flashing back don't want to lose root with the update..
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  5. dwoid

dwoid New Member

So far it seems smooth and fast, more so than the first FRG22.

I'd normally prefer Odexed too, however Deodexed and busyboxed may be enough change to the open source that we can avoid the C&D orders this time.

Deodexed or not, this build is very nice so far.

Thanks P3, it's time to donate dancedroid
  6. markmicallef

markmicallef New Member

Installed, uninstalled, still like Bugless better
  7. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Might test this weekend, but that would mean putting back my orig FRG22 and updating.

I might wait for sapphire later as well, options, options, options ....
  8. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

Thanks P3, and thanks Shadez for filling us in
  9. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Nice, grabbed, but might wait on it for a bit (don't want to go back to earlier FRG22 from sapphire to apply it just yet)
  10. Booch_21

Booch_21 New Member

I'm fairly new to all of this (as if you all haven't heard that 1,000 times). I downloaded this and got it installed fine. I'm up and running with it and I'm using the 928Droid Black Glass theme for deodexed Froyo 2.2. After installation, I am getting a low disk space error. My question, what in this version is taking so much more space, and if I wanted to start removing some things to free up phone memory, where would I start? I've moved all that I can to the SD card, but I'm still hunting for more. Thanks in advance for the guidance.

[edit] I have removed Google Earth, even though it was supposedly on the SD card. That has cleared things up for the phone to get text messages and the error to be cleared. I would still like to know what, if anything, can be removed from the phone memory storage that is duplicated or not needed.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  11. captainskyhawk

captainskyhawk New Member

Giving this a test run, Google Maps and Voice Search will not update. I wiped everything after making a backup. Upon loading the market for the first time, Maps and Facebook try to auto update. FB goes but Maps fails. VS fails the manual update. Otherwise it seems to be working well so far.

Decided to go back to FRG22. I read about a few people having the same issues I do and one person claimed to fix Maps through the terminal. I'll wait for a properly working release.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  12. porsche996

porsche996 New Member

I'm running a rooted FRG22 (the last one P3 put out) with blackglass theme. I installed the FRG22D from the 2nd mirror site, and unfortunately, all I got was an endless boot loop. After it did it several times, I restored from my backup.
  13. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Until Verizon actually pushes FRG22D having it won't do much good. It's suppose to be just a patch to allow you to use it to access Flash in the Market. Yesterday the update was suppose to have some driver updates to improve wifi but that's not on there today. Now it just says the Flash and security enhancement,.

How P3Droid got such a huge file on this I have no idea.
  14. captainskyhawk

captainskyhawk New Member

With FR22D Flash is the first thing that shows up for me under Market > All Apps > Top Free with no market patch applied. It wasn't there when I originally put FRG22D on so I suspect they added it later for that version.
  15. porsche996

porsche996 New Member

Updated: ran the black glass back to stock theme, then updated with FRG22D build. Everything works fine! Just now put back on black glass theme for FRG22D, and all is well.

Not seeing Flash player in the marketplace; just that worthless "flash showcase". No biggie. I have it installed already.
  16. Booch_21

Booch_21 New Member

Clearing the Market cache appears to be the only thing needed in order for it to come up.
  17. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I tried that yesterday and no luck seeing Flash. I even installed a market fix. That didn't show flash either but at least i could see all of my downloaded apps.
  18. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

The problem with Google Earth, at least in my case, was that even after moving it to SDCard, it was still supposedly taking 16MB of memory (as opposed to 22MB when installed normally on phone). Still way way too much. You'll notice that all apps on SD card still take a small (or maybe large) amount of memory on the phone, so you still have to watch for that.
  19. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ok, since it looks like we are to use this thread here goes. I installed last night (P3's), complete wipe and factory reset, and had the following problems and fixes.

First, flash came up just fine.

Maps was broken in the market, and would not update/install. I went ahead and performed these steps (this was pulled from the other thread, sorry for the lack of credit) to get maps to work:

****I can not get google maos to update. Anyone find a fix? I removed
    it from the system/app folder but it will not upate. Always fais on install.
    I also tried...
    su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
    busybox rm system/app/Maps.apk
    cd system/bin
    sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
    cd ..
    cd ..
    mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
    sync
    but that did not work either.
    Anyone figure it out?
    Edit:
    I got it working. You need to have the original Maps.apk in the system/app folder and run
    google maps once and then follow the commands above. After a restart it worked.*****

I could not get the new Voice Search to install. I went into /system/app and renamed VoiceSearch.apk to VoiceSearch.apk.bak. This erases it from booting into memory, but does not remove from phone. reboot phone, and it then installed fine from market.

To get the new Google Search to link in market, in system/app I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk again to .bak, rebooted, and installed from market.

Now for my only problem, Setcpu (2.0.2). I noticed that with P3's file, my setcpu was misbehaving. In the app, I could scroll the bar to 800 (the kernel it came with), and the line above would show 800. Upon reboot, I checked and the slider shows 800, but the min/max line above only shows 600 max. I confirmed with quadrant, and then installed Chevy's 1200 ulv. Same situation, auto detect, the slider and info line above look correct, but upon reboot the slider shows 1200, but the min max only shows 600. For both kernels you can manually slide to the higher frequencey, but it will not stick on a reboot.

I went as far as installing the newer SU 2.3.4 (not for the faint of heart)and found the same scenario. I checked in the XDA thread for the new SU, and one poster mentioned the problem with Setcpu not sticking on a reboot. So, for those of you running this FRF22d, are you having any problems with setcpu? You need to check your slider, and the min/max above the slider, after a reboot. I hope it is just my phone. In any case, I am going to work with it until I get more info.

Craig
  20. Booch_21

Booch_21 New Member

Thanks for sharing that. I see that now as well. I'll keep a closer eye on that.
Search tags for this page

p3droid download