P3 Says Won't Be Releasing Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I played with the Rezound today. The only good thing about it was the screen - looked great The bad was that many times it did not recognize my taps. The volume and power buttons are flush with the side making them impossible to get to. It's as thick as a Bionic with an extended battery. It has Sense. It's ugly as can be with the red accents. Even the soft keys glow an icky red.

Big pass.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's my take, if they don't release the phone in a "reasonable" amount of time to us, we all get frustrated and complain. If they do release the phone and it's full of bugs we all get frustrated and complain about it. I for one would rather wait a bit longer and get a bug free phone.

I disagree for ONE reason - it's the Google phone so technically if it's a software issue they should be able to push out fixes in 2 minutes.

sxm

Reaction score
I would rather get it NOW, and live with the bugs which will definitely get fixed ASAP and will be pushed out by Google and not Verizon. A buggy ICS is better than my OG Droid which I got on launch day.

Getting it NOW also resets our NE2 date so we can get our next new phone earlier (in 2 years).

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I disagree for ONE reason - it's the Google phone so technically if it's a software issue they should be able to push out fixes in 2 minutes.

This is true, but if the problem is in fact with the LTE network that's on VZW. But who knows what the problem really is, or maybe it was never meant to be released now anyways.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is true, but if the problem is in fact with the LTE network that's on VZW. But who knows what the problem really is, or maybe it was never meant to be released now anyways.

You're right this thread is pure speculation.

It could be out tomorrow.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It was meant to be released on or on the week of 11/21. I think it comes no later than the 28th. That's my take. :icon_ lala:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Razr and/or Rezound had the same problem activating the the Bionic did on launch day?

Badget

Reaction score
Well here's my experience from my local vzw store today.

He hasn't seen anything, he said *they* leave them in the dark. and feed them ish. I showed him the "pre-order" receipt from the "premium retailer" that was posted here. He said corporate offices (vzw owned) get information/pre-order ability before franchises do (which a premium retailer is) - kinda like the kiosk in the middle of a mall. They don't get anything before a corporate office. So anyway, he said while it's obviously not a legitimate pre-order, they did take his money and "hold" a nexus when they come in for him... but simply just to nab the sale for them. Because they know that person will be back in that store to get his device, after all... they've got his $300!

We talked for awhile, on a number of things.. he believes we won't see pre-orders till the 25th (Razr was released the 11th.. 14 days later is the 25th, those who bought the 11th won't be able to return, unless you can on the 14th day? I don't know personally) but either way he thinks it'll be pre-orders the 25th/release 28th. I also picked up the accessory case/screen protector for the nexus so at least I walked away with Nexus something! (hah)

He said he got no other ICS Training other than a data person come in, hand him a piece of paper and say "this is ICS" - while he acknowledges there is deff online training, he hadn't done it yet.

He claimed he had 15 years with VZW.. he said he's never seen a phone released on a Friday.. hardly ever (yet he said he only started paying attention to actual release days a year ago) - the razr is a marketing exception (11/11/11) - he said Mondays are unusual.. but not out of the picture. He said "Thursdays are usually always our big days".

Maybe tomorrow guys. who knows, hahahaha.

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
This just came to me, Why would verizon put up the sign up page on their site? Supposedly it was to send out information as soon as it was official BUT what if it was to see how many people where actually interested in the device, therefore to hold off on the release so the 14 days after people got the razr(assuming it was on launch day) would pass. So i guess the 25th, as the previous post said, as a preorder sounds right?

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I would rather get it NOW, and live with the bugs which will definitely get fixed ASAP and will be pushed out by Google and not Verizon. A buggy ICS is better than my OG Droid which I got on launch day.

Well, for us, sure. But for the average customer, that buggy release could kill this phone.

EllieN

Reaction score
FHOWIAOIAONIFAOIFIWOEHFEW!!!!!!!

Sorry. that is exactly how i feel. WHY DONT WE KNOW!?!!? WHY. WHY GOD WHY. WHY ME.
okay im done.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly do you really think Verizon would delay it because a few people might swap out the RAZR?

I doubt it - and in fact I doubt the customers who bought the RAZR even know the Nexus is coming out.

All I know is that when it's announced Verizon will call and tell me. So I am just going to wait. When I hear I'll post it unless it's announced before I find out.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Razr and/or Rezound had the same problem activating the the Bionic did on launch day?

I guess I should have finished my thought on this. If they had the same problems activating on 4G like the Bionic, is could also be possible that VZW is trying to avoid another epic fail launch day activation problem.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
You guys are reading into this too much. There has never been a confirmed release date so therefore there is no delay. It will be out this month. :happy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.