P3 done it again

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This build is essentially the exact same as FRF84b...I'm holding off for now.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Pretty much CK, there is a boost in speed, but not that much. If you are running a rom, might as well wait for your dev to release an update.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

k1ng617

Reaction score
So I just finished installing this and getting it back to how I had it set up before. I came from Pete's Clean rooted FRF84B w/ an ULV 250mhz-1ghz chevyno1 kernel and after fiddling with it for the past hour I honestly don't see any difference. It feels the same and it ran clock for clock the same @800mhz a 1049 Quadrant and roughly a 1250 Linpack. So I don't know what to tell you other than if you have some free time try it out. The good news is I didn't have to wipe so it was a breeze to get it back to how I had it (mostly uninstall all the bloatware android seems to come w/ now)

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Will be released in an hour or so...almost finished. Been wanting to do an Odexded "Pure Stock" Froyo version for a while...just wanted to wait until we were closer to a release version.

dancedroid

similar clock "mod" as your ese81 version?

Correct...with extra surprises.

Will have both Odexed and Deodexed versions up soon.. (and no not Verizon's definition of soon :)

Glad to hear your porting your theme over for this!! Can't wait dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't see a dimes worth of difference. It's easy to install and didn't take a great deal of my time so I'm not complaining, but it's the same as the other Froyo as far as I can tell.

brochaos

Reaction score
car dock still has missing spots and no customization. thats all i really want. or the old 2.1 car dock back...

k1ng617

Reaction score
So I just finished installing this and getting it back to how I had it set up before. I came from Pete's Clean rooted FRF84B w/ an ULV 250mhz-1ghz chevyno1 kernel and after fiddling with it for the past hour I honestly don't see any difference. It feels the same and it ran clock for clock the same @800mhz a 1049 Quadrant and roughly a 1250 Linpack. So I don't know what to tell you other than if you have some free time try it out. The good news is I didn't have to wipe so it was a breeze to get it back to how I had it (mostly uninstall all the bloatware android seems to come w/ now)

So I was running Pete's stock FRF84B for about a week and noticed zero problems. I did some stress testing w/ this one for about an hour and already hit a bug where the keyboard stayed up on the homescreen when I pressed the home button while I was in the browser. So good thing I did a nandroid before I installed it, cuz I'm going back to my Pete's stock Deodexed.

k1ng617

Reaction score

So I was running Pete's stock FRF84B for about a week and noticed zero problems. I did some stress testing w/ this one for about an hour and already hit a bug where the keyboard stayed up on the homescreen when I pressed the home button while I was in the browser. So good thing I did a nandroid before I installed it, cuz I'm going back to my Pete's stock Deodexed.

Sorry for the multipost - but after a wipe and flashback into Pete's there is a noticeable smoothness to my homescreen compared to the this rom. I can't be sure if it was because of the fresh wipe, but I'm positive it's way smoother now (using LauncherPro.)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My car home is back. But That would have come back even if installed the previous version.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have not lost or gained anything major. all my apps restored. I am still looking for a change, I think the change was a minor change that will not really stick out.