P?ease help, I lost root/SU access (long)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mizzike2555, Aug 12, 2010.

1. mizzike2555

mizzike2555 New Member

Hey, so I was playing around with the saphire roms trying to get the 1325 kernel to boot. Anyway I accidentally hit the "run update.zip" option in the recovery screen. now the problem is I usually just run the rom.zip straight off the sd card, so i dont usually rrun an "update.zip". Therefore I have one or two old update.zips in the root of my sd card that i have no idea what they are. so after i hit "run update.zip" byb accident, i just booted up my last good rom (saphire w 1250 kernel) and everything seemed ok. then i tried to use setcpu and it said i dont have root access, it was running the overclocked rom though. i went into rom manager and it said that i need to install clockwork, obviously clockwork had been installed and running fine before this. so it seems i flashed myself right out of root. i still have the ninja SU icon, but there are no permissions in it. Help! TIA
  2. keithsmith22

keithsmith22 New Member

I ran into something similar changing themes the other day. I just had to redo the basic ROM, BB.4, that I was using and everything came back normal, minus the theme. If you can get on your phone, just copy the ROM to your SD, Reboot in to recovery and install the copied ROM. You may have lost some old settings but you can always redo them. Also, once you do this make a backup so you can always revert back if you need to.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Have you tried the "Fix Permissions" in Rom Manager?