P.E Status Update

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Feb 4, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Well We wanted to give you all a status update on P.E. John or I haven't been around as much as we usually are because we have been working hard on gb. Yes we have been working on gingerbread. We now have a fully functioning build where everything works. and when i say everything I mean everything from video recording to gps to browser o 3g calls. Alot of early roms have has some of these issues and this was why P.E continued with froyo for a little bit longer because we did not want to bring anything less then the stable great p.e experience.
    We still have some ways to go in getting the build back up to par with the normal features plus we have some new stuff wed like to implement.
    Sorry for any delay or issues that we have not been around often to help support for support is a major priority for the p.e team.Please bare with us as we continue to get gingerbread up to par and it will be here soon enough. The hard part was getting everything working and stable before beginnign to add the feature back in and due to the change in source it has been a little more time consuming the normal.
    Thanks again for using Project Elite
  2. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great update, thanks for that Greg! Can't wait to try some GB on PE.
  3. Jizzylax

Jizzylax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gingerbread PE will be the next ROM I install. Can't wait!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. mxnut

mxnut Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well worth the wait I'm sure. You guys are in my opinion the best. Smoothest ROM and best support. Team PE rocks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. gotbst05

gotbst05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it will be well worth it in the end. thanks for the update and keep the awesome product coming
  6. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Brilliant move as I think all the GBs out now are like babies they pushed out in the second trimester.
    Even the bugs have bugs.
    Having an Elite GB will be sweet sauce, as trouble free has been the PE experience

i always liked the tortoise in his great race
  7. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great to hear the update. Always looking forward to PE releases. I can handle waiting a little longer for quality releases, especially knowing it is quality coming from you guys. Keep it up!
  8. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome update. I say take all the time in the world to get Gingerbread working right! Project Elite is such a quality rom that I would only expect you to take your time with the update!
  9. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Can't wait. Keep up the amazing work guys, you always blow my mind with every release. You guys are like Swiss army knives, just when you think you know it all, you guys pull something new out and amaze everyone. :p
  10. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2

oh you can trust this. we've actually been working on it a few weeks now and the first few weeks were just ironing out bugs and making sure everything works. And i am glad to say everything works lol
    The only type of pe rom that would ever be released that isnt fully ready is an rc which well see what its like when we get further down the line but good progress is being made every day as far as porting everything from froyo to gb.
  11. jdk2

jdk2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    XT1254
    Fantastic :)
  12. NachtDraegan

NachtDraegan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't wait to try out the next PE ROM, found out about it through Droid Life, and I've never looked back.I now swear by PE as the only ROM I will ever run. Please take your time with GB, we all know it will be an amazing ROM.
  13. pep pep

pep pep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This news made my groin ache with anticipation.
  14. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I agree, take your time. With other ROMs I was always "eagerly awaiting" the next release. With PE, not so much... I mean.. it actually works..lol Hard to update that.
    Looking forward to finally seeing GB on my phone thoguh as I have not tried 1 test ROM of any kind. Just waiting til someone gets it right.
  15. fishfood

fishfood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seeing this post made waking up two hours earlier than I intended TOTALLY worth it! One question... does the USB tethering function work as well? Yes, for the record, I DO know what "everything" means (LOL), but I've tried a couple of other GB ROM's where it's been said that "everything" worked but the video camera, and the USB tethering function was inop also. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining AT ALL, I know how hard the devs are working to get out functional ROMs to us, I'm just curious if that's a commonly reported bug, or if perhaps it's something going on with MY setup (kernel, app, etc, setting, etc...) Keep up the good work!!