1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

P.E expanding

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

So as you all know pe has been looking to expand to support more devices. Well it seems the time has come and I wanted to post so that you all knew that development for the droid will continue.
    Thanks to the guys from rootzwiki they are contributing a droid incredible for development. Now no promises but I may have run into another device as well but this is not 100 percent confirmed so until the other device is confirmed then I will not mention what that may be so no one gets their hopes up.
    I still do not know what devices mojo and I will be upgrading to but when that does happen you all will know.
    So for right now p.e is supporting the droid1 as always and hopefully soon the droid incredible.
    There have been numerous requests to support numerous devices especially the droid x and droid 2. This was not possible because of the bootloader situation as p.e is source based. With the recent developments from cvpcs and others it would be possible to get p.e onto a ddroid x or droid but we would rather not support devices we do not have. This is because of testing purposes and the fact that to ensure the most stability I feel its better to have the device so as of right now there will not be development for the x or d2. Unless something changes and we fall into one please do not ask.
    Thanks for all the continued support!
  2. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

Congrats, man.........hope you jump on the Dinc2 sometime in the future as well. I would love to run PE on my new device too.
  3. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

As mentioned several times before, you guys are the reason I still have my d1. Looking forward to what you will support next! I'll probably be right there with you. I've been on v6 beta since you released it and love it. Thanks again Greg!
  4. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Yes... the Dinc2!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. SithDroid2187

SithDroid2187 New Member

I'd love to see P.E. come to the Thunderbolt!
  6. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx New Member

If you get a droid bionic or a Samsung galaxy 2s I will be stoked!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using DroidForums
  7. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

I hear the Droid 3 is gonna be pretty sick >_>

*cough*hint*cough* dancedroid
  8. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

I hear it's going to be pretty locked...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  9. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Rumors are rumors until it's released, don't be such a Debbie Downer
  10. ziltoid

ziltoid New Member

Awesome news for the P.E. Team. Your ROMS have been the best on my Droid and that's why I've been using them forever now :)

About the Droid 3, Yeah, might or might not have a locked bootloader. I really hope it will be unlocked/unlockable, but I still might get it and just root it.
  11. actngrezy

The droid 3 does look rather nice but as much as I want to upgrade and actually as much as id like to get the d3 I will be holding out for the galaxys 2 or the bionic. I orginally thought for sure the bbionic would be locked but now with moro saying they are unlocking devices and the bionic being the next big flagship device I'm starting to think maybe it will be unlocked.well see though.
    For nowsupported devices will be the droid and d inc. Unless I get my hands on other devices you all would like to see support then of course I would support them as well.
    Besides those 2 devices what devices would everyone like to see supported the most? I have got requests for droid x, droid 2 mostly and with the work cvpcs and others have done it wpuld be possible to achieve p.e on those devices. I'm just trying to see what everyone would like because if its possible I would love to expand more if I am able to get the device you all would like to see.
  12. markwebb

markwebb New Member

In the same boat as you. Will wait until Bionic drops before I make a decision as to what will replace my OG Droid. Who knows, I may hang on to OG Droid until it dies.
  13. Tio Gardi

Tio Gardi New Member

I hope you end up getting the GSII. I've been waiting forever for this phone. That would just be the icing on the cake!
  14. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Is the incredible getting gbread? I saw you mention developing for a device getting an official release of gbread. I thought when they announced gbread for the desire was canceled that the inc would never receive it.
  15. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 New Member

Bionic Baby lets do it!
  16. neoj2

neoj2 New Member

glad to see im not the one eyeing the Samsung Galaxy S2. Sweet cant wait to have some Elite on that phone. dancedroid
  17. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

:/ Aww well if that happens looks like I'll end up being without PE, the Droid 3 is what I'm set on (Physical Keyboard), and have been holding out on my upgrade for 3 months already for it.

I hope a Dev Team as competent and hardworking as the Project Elite team will pump out some great stuff for the Droid 3.

I will the PE Team the best of luck in whatever they end up doing though! You guys helped keep the OG Droid going strong all this time and we all appreciate everything you've done.

Viva el Project Elite! lol dancedroid
  18. Mohawk3

Mohawk3 New Member

I'm waiting for the Galaxy SII and the Bionic to come to decide which of the two I want. I'm leaning towards the SII currently. The choice will probably rely heavily on which device you guys decide make a PE ROM for.
  19. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Its weird seeing people saying bionic ot galaxy s2, when the s2 its probably going to be a3g device.
  20. actngrezy

The main thing with the bionic is the bootloade and blur. Obviously if its unlocked we should eventually have aosp on it so motoblur will be gone but the fact that's its 4g and the gs2 may not be does make the choice harder.
    I saw an article the other day about a possible upgrade to 1.4ghz cpu for the gs2 on us models but again that's just hear say. If it was 4g I think hands down id go with gs2. I do live in an area that has LTE so I would like to utilize that. Especially since now you have to wait two yrs before another upgrade. With the way technology moves its insane to make someone wait that long. If other carriers had service that was anything close to vzw I would leave. So it does seem a little crazy that people would chose a 3g phone oover the bionic but the phone looks so sweet and its rooted and you can do whatever with it so that's a great selling point for me.