Owners - can you confirm if you can browse the web during a phone call w/o wifi?

lobo13

Reaction score
If you mean on 4g then yes, you can. It will use the 3g connection to establish web browsing which honestly is pretty fast for some reason. Faster than my DX

NoBloatware

Reaction score
If you mean on 4g then yes, you can. It will use the 3g connection to establish web browsing which honestly is pretty fast for some reason. Faster than my DX

The RAZR is dual core and just plain speedier so it can render html into web pages noticeably faster than older phones even though the 3G data rate is exactly the same.

lobo13

Reaction score
The RAZR is dual core and just plain speedier so it can render html into web pages noticeably faster than older phones even though the 3G data rate is exactly the same.
Ah ok. Thanks for saying that. Didn't know that

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Are you sure that's not backwards? I thought it used the 4g to surf while you talked on the phone. You can't use 3g and talk at the same time unless you have a Thunderbolt or a Rezound right? An we don't have VOIP yet so it doesn't use 4g for voice if I recall correctly. Just curious as I've never heard of this before.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I can confirm that i browsed the web while being on the phone, it was connected to the my car Bluetooth while i was streaming music, at the same time the call came i was also texting and updating apps through the market and took a picture and sent it through mms. I can tell the phone did it all with no lag at all. Hugh step up from the OG. I know it sounds a lot, i never pushed my OG so much but i just wanted to test the phones abilities and to see if it will warm up. Reaction were awesome and temp was reasonable.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I believe that it does both. I just found it funny that he said it used 3g to to surf while he was talking rather than 4g.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Ashikoman23

Reaction score
I can confirm that i browsed the web while being on the phone, it was connected to the my car Bluetooth while i was streaming music, at the same time the call came i was also texting and updating apps through the market and took a picture and sent it through mms. I can tell the phone did it all with no lag at all. Hugh step up from the OG. I know it sounds a lot, i never pushed my OG so much but i just wanted to test the phones abilities and to see if it will warm up. Reaction were awesome and temp was reasonable.

Wow!! Browsing web, streaming music, updating apps, talking, sending pics, all while driving you've gotta be a better multi-tasker than any phone I've ever heard of. Must be the ics, lol

Sent while smoking on my smoking fast bionic cl; )'

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Wow!! Browsing web, streaming music, updating apps, talking, sending pics, all while driving you've gotta be a better multi-tasker than any phone I've ever heard of. Must be the ics, lol

You beat me to it ! LOL

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
4g = data
3g = voice
3g only = can't do both simultaneously unless Bolt/Rezound, as stated... only VZW phones with SVDO chip.

--
sent from my Razr

R

RETG

Does the rezound have SVDO? I have been serioulsly considering the rezound and/or the Razr but have not read that the rezound has SVDO.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to a couple of things I've seen, it does - and it was specific to say "like the T-Bolt, the Rezound has SVDO... yada yada"

I just hope that didn't cause a lot of the Bolt's issues - or HTC has perfected it by now! :)

well heck - I can't find it now... will keep digging, I know I didn't dream that

scrub571

Reaction score
3g surf and talk is not on this device. to simultaneous surf and talk 4g must be available. big big bummer. 4g will not go live here for a few more months.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

Lol, I was actually parked... I came down Fromm my office to just pair the Bluetooth and got excited playing with the phone...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums