Overwhelmed - Incredible or fascinate?

Longhaul

Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm upgrading 3 lines from old flip type phones.

I'm looking for the most bang for the buck AND easy to learn AND battery life. I know the Incredible is being phased out, but the deals look really good on them, esp considering I'm looking for 3 phones.

What is the biggest downside to the Incredible that I'm not considering?

What are the biggest pluses to the Fascinate aside from battery life.

dispatch1054

Reaction score
Since battery life is a concern, I'll just say that the Incredible is known to have terrible battery life. However, there is an extended battery that you can buy separately that will greatly improve it.

Other than that, it's just a matter of comparing what you want. The Fascinate has a 4" screen, the DInc has 3.7", the Fascinate has a slightly better GPU (more recent hardware), Fascinate has a Super AMOLED screen, whereas the DInc has AMOLED. The DInc has Android 2.2 already, and the Fascinate is still on 2.1. And of course, the DInc has Sense UI, while the Samsung has TouchWiz (which I;m not too crazy about).

Also, the Incredible community seems to be much stronger as of now, but the Fascinate is newer and hasn't gotten 2.2 yet.

If you look around, you might be able to find a pretty good deal on both. Best Buy just sold the Fascinate on Black Friday for $1 :).

Personally, I have the Fascinate, but I also really like the Droid Incredible. The Fascinate just suited my needs better. Hope this helps some! I recently made the tough decision between this and the Droid X, so I know how you feel :D.

dwcasey

Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm upgrading 3 lines from old flip type phones.

I'm looking for the most bang for the buck AND easy to learn AND battery life. I know the Incredible is being phased out, but the deals look really good on them, esp considering I'm looking for 3 phones.

What is the biggest downside to the Incredible that I'm not considering?

What are the biggest pluses to the Fascinate aside from battery life.

I believe the AMOLED screen will help with weight and battery life. The Samsung is a better looking phone in my opinion. The back cover of the Incredible is too "bumpy"...guess you would never see it if it was in a case, but as is, not a fan.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Incredible no longer comes with an AMOLED screen, but instead an SLCD screen (at least from what I've read, which is why they're back in stock and easy to find). It's very sharp in my opinion and looks very good.

The battery life may be a concern, but after a couple days of "Training the battery" i got a fairly good charge going. Downside is you have to turn the phoen off then continue charging it.

If you're a light user, or will be, it's a great phone. Heavy uses, hope you're willing to plug it in every night...

rgn2000

Reaction score
Samsung is not a brand worth buying. They do not update their software timely. They are still sitting on 2.1 and many have GPS issues that Samsung has not fixed yet. I feel sorry for the people who signed 2 year contracts for that.

Not to mention they are just plastic.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Samsung is not a brand worth buying. They do not update their software timely. They are still sitting on 2.1 and many have GPS issues that Samsung has not fixed yet. I feel sorry for the people who signed 2 year contracts for that.

Not to mention they are just plastic.

I will be getting my Fascinate tomorrow via eBay. I hear you on the software upgrade. I am "downgrading" from my D1 and 2.2 to 2.1 with the SF. I expect 2.2 within the next 60 days or so. I will be very disappointed if it takes longer than that.

As far as your other complaints? The GPS issue has a fix coming this month--there are workarounds in the meantime. Plastic? That is just an opinion of the user. Some like that. Some like the Moto Metal. That does make the phone more heavy, yet rugged. I don't see the plastic as a downside. Touchwiz is horrible, but for an advanced user, it is merely a minor issue to fix this problem.

I don't have the phone yet, maybe I will hate it? maybe I won't. I didn't sign a new contract, I bought it on eBay (2 weeks old and almost brand new). It is not worth buying a SF now on contract. I am merely using it as a holdover phone. It is a beautiful phone, I beleive; I just don't like the DX style. It will keep me happy until the Dual Cores come out. The D1 was just becoming too old for me and was quickly losing value on the resale market.

Last edited: