Overseas and updates

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Leaving for China in the next few weeks and will be there for three months. If gingerbread is pushed over the summer, how would I obtain it, since I will be using a China SIM. Would I have to switch back to CDMA and pay the charges to download it? Could I use Wifi to achieve this?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Leaving for China in the next few weeks and will be there for three months. If gingerbread is pushed over the summer, how would I obtain it, since I will be using a China SIM. Would I have to switch back to CDMA and pay the charges to download it? Could I use Wifi to achieve this?

Thanks

When the last update (OK, the only update!) came out I was in the UK with a foreign SIM and I got it (started over WIFI but then when I left the house, I started it OTA). But... I was in a Motorola trial so it may have been specially sent to my phone. However, you can always check for updates, as far as I can see it's just a data connection which should work with any SIM.

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
What part of China you going to? My wife is from there and I was able to go for 6 months last year. Absolutely loved it. Had a blast.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hangzhou, south east of Shanghai. Going to be doing a 3 month intensive language study to help me fulfill some graduate requirements. Been to Beijing and Shanghai (to name a few places) in summer 2008. Absolutely love the place. Feel free to pm if you want to chat further, don't want to go too far off topic and get chewed out haha!