Overheating

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by Thrade, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Thrade

Thrade New Member

So, a couple of weeks ago, the vibration on my Droid Pro randomly stopped working and nothing I did, or even did under the instruction of a Verizon technician, could fix it, so I had to order a refurb (they claimed the Pro isn't carried in stores anymore). Now, this refurb has a nearly daily habit of overheating, right when I try to charge it. The other night, at work, it completely overheated in my pocket with NOTHING running, and dropped from 100% battery to 15% within a very short amount of time. But, it usually happens on charging. I tried to charge it this morning before work; it was down to 50% somehow, and when I plugged it in a little while before work, it was extremely hot again and didn't charge at all. I tried charging it in my car as well, but it still wouldn't charge. I have it charging on my laptop as I'm typing this now and it's fine, but I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue and knows any resolutions? I love this phone; it was my first smartphone and a HUUUUUGE upgrade from my Samsung Impression I had on AT&T (which was my first phone, and showed me that both Samsung and AT&T are terrible companies), but I'm getting quite annoyed with this.
  2. google123

google123 New Member

Sounds like perhaps a bum battery. Also initially the Pro was prone to overheating and one thing that cut down on that effect is changing the network mode from global to cdma.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  3. rocket_girl

rocket_girl New Member

Two random things: have not had the overheat problem, but HAVE had vibrate stop working for no apparent reason (unrooted, stock). First refurb was pixelated out of the box and after SBF...second has been running fine.

I keep resetting my network from global to CDMA, however, phone likes to set itself back to global -as if this is somehow a default. Inevitably, if I go in a few days after setting to CDMA, it will be back on global. Small thing...can live with it...but be aware that if you try this and it seems to fail, that may be part of the reason.

Good luck!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
  4. Thrade

Thrade New Member

Think I should try the extended battery if I can find it? And, I always have my phone set to CDMA instead of global to help with battery life. The only times that it has set itself back to Global is when I've had to do a factory reset.
  5. rocket_girl

rocket_girl New Member

OEM extended, yes. Others are dicey - see battery-related threads on this forum (including my own sad tale of battery-fail). I use OEM extended ~ is all I would ever recommend.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
android samsung charge overheats

droid charge overheating

droid pro overheating

how can i stop my android phone from overheating
how do i stop my droid from overheating
how long to charge zeepad

how to keep android from overheating

how to keep droid from overheating

how to keep your android from overheating

how to stop android dna from overheating