1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Overheating on BB 0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by edward0307, Aug 23, 2010.

1. edward0307

edward0307 New Member

Hey all,

I rooted my droid a couple of weeks ago and flashed BB 0.4 with the smoked glass theme. So far I love it.

I've noticed that my phone gets EXTREMELY hot when using the browser. I mean it gets hot within maybe 2 minutes of me using the browser. It also gets hot when using google maps, but not quite as hot as it gets when using the brower.

The phone never gets hot when constantly used, only when using those 2 programs. I'm NOT running any custom kernel, just whatever came with BB 0.4. Any ideas what may be wrong?
  2. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

Any time you get a lot of heat when you have intensive CPU/GPS/whatever use. I'm not sure why one particular app would do it more than another. If the heat is pretty consistent over more than a few days, then your best bet is to try other kernels (ULV and LV and slower would be better in theory, but some get lower temps and better battery from higher voltages). Other than tethering, I never had heat problems on BB. It got warmer with use, and aside from tethering warmest when charging, but nothing scary. I don't think I ever got over 43 C or so aside from tethering (have passed 50 there). First thing to try is other kernels, second is other ROMs. I run slightly cooler on Liquid than I did on BB, but it seems like every phone has different magic combinations of speeds/kernels/ROMs that make them hum.
  3. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Also if you already haven't, purchase SetCPU so that you can throttle down the CPU clock speed. I believe Bugless Beast v0.4 is designed to automatically run at is highest clock speed of either 800MHz or 1GHz, depending on the default kernel.
Search tags for this page

bb 427 overheating