1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

overheating issues

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by BamaFan13, Jul 5, 2010.

1. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

So I love jrummys roms and I'm not hatin on em at all... but I have only had overheating problems with this kangrade roms. I am currently running kangerade froyo 4. 0. 7 with the nextang theme. I haven't fooled with overclocking yet at all so I'm running the stock kernel. Can someone please help me with this?
  2. dr01dm0dd3r

dr01dm0dd3r New Member

how hot we talking here?
  3. magma_camel

magma_camel New Member

what i would suggest is to get a low voltage or ultra low voltage kernel...also grab setcpu and if you dont want to overclock thats cool but those kernels will lower the temp of your battery a lot. mine, unless charging, runs around 27,28 degrees C

try ChevyNo1 or P3x kernels first i think there the best in my opinion
  4. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

It gets really hot after only a little web browsing or listening to music. I think ill go with lv because when I ran kangerade 1. 0 I had ulv and had the same problem :(
  5. vmann32

vmann32 New Member

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html
    Here is some info on overclocking and
    P3Droid Kernels P3DROID Kernels
    Index of /froyo/4.2/kernels ChevyNo1 Kernels

Put Kernel (or 4 or 5 to test) on SD root and boot into recovery (X and power) or clockwork or SP.
    Select install from SD.Then select option to choose it from SD. Find it in the list you will see all the one you put here.Select it then it will install.Then select reboot system.Then set up SETCPU and if it works good great ,if not rinse and repeat. dancedroid
  6. magma_camel

magma_camel New Member

also maybe some of the kernels your doing overclock themselve by default so your running at 800 mhz instead of the default 550 and you dont even know it
  7. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

Do the slots make a big difference? Cuz I can only find 7-slot kernels for froyo
  8. magma_camel

magma_camel New Member

those are just the differnt freqencies that the cpu can scale to for example

250mhz/400mhz/550mhz/600mhz/800mhz/1000mhz/1200mhz
  9. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

So far the current kernel I'm running is not helping much. I'm running at 39 degrees celcius and 100.2 Fahrenheit
  10. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Is that under load? If so and it is only hitting 39c I wouldn't worry about that at all. My Droid does not set to clock down until the battery hits 50c, and the chip I don't even worry about seeing as it is rated all the way up to over 80c.
  11. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

So I really wanna know what the deal is with this...ive tried ulv 0.8, lv 0.8, and now medium voltage 1.0 ghz (all chevy kernels btw) i also tried one of p13x's kernels too...is my phone messed up or shud i just go to a different rom?
  12. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Kinda hard to say what is up with what you just posted. When you say messed up how so? Is something not functioning or you still worrying about the temps? In my last posted I asked was the 39c under load or while sitting idle. If under load 39c is nothing to worry about. the key is to keep the battery under 48.9c ( IE 120F).

As a quick example I just checked my Droid and while idle for the past couple of hours it is averaging 26c on battery temp after just waking it up. I am now streaming Pandora and surfing the web using 3G and it is at 43C in direct sunlight. Mind you I'm running p3's 1.2Ghz kernel with specific profile setting set in setCPU.

Bottom line is we need some more specific from you on your concern or what is wrong on why you have a feeling there is an issue. By the temps you've mentioned IMO at least there is no issue unless there is somethign else going on that has not been mentioned.
  13. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

No the only thing ive been worried about is the temps...i think the highest i have seen it go is 107 degrees farenheight...but it gets hot after very little web browsing or maybe 30 minutes on the phone...and were talkin pretty hot. This hasnt been an issue on any other rom but i really like this rom and i wud like to figure out how to fix this issue. If i stream a video or listen to music for a short period of time, it gets really hot and i have to sit it on a cool surface and let it cool down.
  14. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

Whats your current ROM and kernel?
  15. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

Froyo kangerade 4.0.7 with chevyno1 medium voltage 1.0 ghz 7-slot
  16. jjenrette76

jjenrette76 New Member

with SetCPU what are the best profile settings?
  17. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

that depends on what kind of performance you need and the setup you have on your device. what works well for someone else...may not work for you. i have found that 400 - 800mhz works well for just about everything i do. i have failsafe set at 50C, to back it down to 250 - 400mhz. however, this could be something totally different for you depending on your use. i would suggest playing around with different settings to find out what works (for you) and be mindful of your temps.
  18. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

As mentioned it is really hard to say as every unit and person expects something different. It more or less boils down to trial and error to see what fits your needs. A good place to start and to get some quality info on setCPU is in this thread. Pretty much explains everythign about it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

First do you clock yours all the way up to 1.0Ghz? Or do you use only some of the lower speeds in that kernel. If you use lower speeds I'd go down to Chevy's 800Mhz file. Secondly I'd also try a lower voltage kernel seeing as you are on medium voltage. That in of itself will be generating more heat being it is medium voltage.

If it were me I'd download a few of the different kernels and put them in a folder on the sdcard. From there I'd pick the speed of a kernel to use. So lets say it is 1Ghz. First kernel I'd try installing is Chevy's ultra low voltage and see how the device runs or if it will even boot up. A lot of folks can not get away with using the ultra low. If it were not to boot, boot into recovery and then flash his low voltage kernel of the same speed.
  19. justinthegeek

justinthegeek New Member

What baseband are you using? I had an issues with the newest baseband killing my battery and causing it to get very hot.
  20. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 New Member

I am now running the ultra low 0.8 chevyno1 kernel...I know It's different for different phones, but does anyone have any profile suggestions in setcpu?
Search tags for this page
droid 4 is over heating

motorola droid overheating problems