overheating issue

kenbiz

Reaction score
Well I have had this problem for a while now. First I didn't know it was an overheating issue. At first the phone would just shut off couldn't charge it. Now I get an app that shows batt health and such. Now I can see that its a problem its happening all the time. Phone shuts off gotta wait a while then it works. So I go to Verizon and they tell me since I can't replicate the problem there's nothing they can do!! That's bs. So what do I do now? Deal with this problem for the next 2 years?? Really I'm at a loss. Is this something ill have to deal with? Do all your phones do this? I'm so pissed! Thanks...

joeyx2

Reaction score
First off r u rooted??? If not then yes go to verizon. They say they can't duplicate the problem so what ever u do for the problem to come up. do that all the way to the verizon store. If still say no deal. Call verizon© and see what they can do. I alway call the 1-800 number for problems I never really go to the store.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I have had this problem for a while now. First I didn't know it was an overheating issue. At first the phone would just shut off couldn't charge it. Now I get an app that shows batt health and such. Now I can see that its a problem its happening all the time. Phone shuts off gotta wait a while then it works. So I go to Verizon and they tell me since I can't replicate the problem there's nothing they can do!! That's bs. So what do I do now? Deal with this problem for the next 2 years?? Really I'm at a loss. Is this something ill have to deal with? Do all your phones do this? I'm so pissed! Thanks...

First off, its not "BS". If Verizon sends your phone back to HTC and no problem is found, Verizon is charged the full retail of the phone and you get another one for no charge...fair? Maybe leave it with them for a while so they can check for sure..? Are you rooted? The other option is a factory reset and reinstall each app one at a time to make sure its not an app conflict. Not saying its the case in this situation but, 9 times out of 10, the issues with our phones are because of something we did, not the device itself.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also, do you have a task killer and/or anti-virus app installed?

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
Thanks.. no I'm not rooted. I might just call the 800 number cause there complete idiots at my local store. The battery temp got up to 120.. just put it by the ac now its down to 80. I don't want to have to do this all the time!! I'll try my luc over the phone. Just wondering if anyone else is having problem..

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
No task killer or anti virus..just use the phone a lot.. which I should be able to with out a problem..

joeyx2

Reaction score
Yea the 1-800 number seams to be more willing to help u. Probably cause they get paid more and don't deal with the few people that r a-holes or they just don't plain give a damn. How long have u had it? They won't replace just cause it gets hot but if it shuts down because of that they should replace it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No task killer or anti virus..just use the phone a lot.. which I should be able to with out a problem..

Agreed! Define "alot" though. Truthfully, unless you're using it over a furnace, 120° is pretty high! Seriously though, duplicating the issue before a phone is exchanged is standard protocol, not VZW just being difficult though I know it can DEF seem that way sometimes. Verizon forks out about $3.2 million a month in charges from manufacturers for no problems being found. That money could be going into the network, you know?

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
This phone is stock.. hardly got any downloads. It's noting I did other than use it for a long period of time. they didn't even wanna look at my phone just a sorry.. buy a bigger battery n maybe that will help??? Great techs ya got over there..lol just pissed. First smartphone I've had and its been great till now. Guess its not made to be used for long periods of time

joeyx2

Reaction score
Yea but if verizon don't test the phones and put out something that's not gonna handle what the os/cpu Is trying to do for the two years they set u up for contract and shut off because it gets to hot that's there problem. Seems to me they just want to try to get more money out of u to make u buy another.

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
Got the phone august. I'm on the phone like 3 to 4 hours or more at a time emailing watching vids texting...ect. well if it. Is a common thing to show the problem ill just have to do that.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This phone is stock.. hardly got any downloads. It's noting I did other than use it for a long period of time. they didn't even wanna look at my phone just a sorry.. buy a bigger battery n maybe that will help??? Great techs ya got over there..lol just pissed. First smartphone I've had and its been great till now. Guess its not made to be used for long periods of time

I use mine for hours at a time and it hardly ever hits 100°. I'd ask for a manager to step in but, be honest and respectful as alot can be done at their discretion. Any manager should be smart enough to know that a temperature that high can't just do so at the drop of a dime! You have a year warranty which will get you a Certified Like New Replacement but, you also have a 30 day DOA period too that will get you a new phone!

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Love this siteAlwAys get great info here..

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea but if verizon don't test the phones and put out something that's not gonna handle what the os/cpu Is trying to do for the two years they set u up for contract and shut off because it gets to hot that's there problem. Seems to me they just want to try to get more money out of u to make u buy another.

The tech you talked to is an idiot and was wrong to not check your phone out and I def understand your frustration, I'd be the same way! Certainly not saying you're wrong to feel wronged at all! Just talk to the manager and see what they say, then go the 1-800 route. They will get hot but, not THAT hot!