1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

overclocking

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by altjx, May 3, 2010.

1. altjx

altjx New Member

so far, i just have a rooted Android OS 2.1. Is there a way I could just simply overclock without installing a new ROM and all that?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

No, you need to flash a new kernel that will allow overclocking.
  3. altjx

altjx New Member

ah, kk. cause i notice a lot of lag when getting any type of notification while im texting, or even a phone call. takes awhile to show up and answer. just thought a little speed would work... is there a HTC Droid Incredible forum? wonder how they're doing
  4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You do NOT need to install a new ROM to overclock but you will need to install a new Kernal that supports overclocking as mentioned above.

ChevyNo1 has some good overclocking Kernals that work with the stock (but rooted) 2.1 ROM.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...s-low-voltage-medium-voltage-3-25-2010-a.html
  5. Explosivpotato

Explosivpotato New Member

There's a LOT of potential benefits to flashing a custom ROM, such as new features and easier themeing, but you don't have to. As stated above, flash an ESE81 compatible kernel, get SetCPU and rock and roll!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. LtKen

LtKen New Member

I'll agree. If you're gonna go through the trouble of changing kernels, you should also give yourself the advantage of custom ROMs. There are a few out there that are still pretty much stock, but tweaked to be better (BB comes to mind.)
Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 overclock benefits

overclock advantage android