1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

overclocking

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hummvee2134, Mar 21, 2010.

1. hummvee2134

hummvee2134 New Member

I just wanted to get everyones opinion on overclocking.

I'm considering doing it myself since 2.1 is a bit laggy, and I've noticed that a lot of people are running at 1 ghz and over. To me, it sounds a bit extensive.. but if its stable and works, I wouldn't mind going for it.

So has anybody had problems with their droids overheating or even frying from overclocking? And what do you guys think is a good speed to run at?

Thanks
  2. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

I overclock mine at 900 regularly and at 1.25 ghz while it's charging. Never experienced any problems of overheating.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

4. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Running at 1.1GHz or more for at least a month or more now.
  5. vrdubin6

vrdubin6 New Member

Pretty much the same story as everyone else... been running anywhere from 800mhz to 1.2ghz for over two months and I have never reached my 120*F temperature threshold. For that matter I really haven't even come very close to that temp.
  6. hummvee2134

hummvee2134 New Member

thanks guys. From the sounds of it, Motorola really set that processor up under potential.
  7. itwerk

itwerk New Member

running UDv8 at 1.2ghz set on "performance" and its blazing fast. I'd recommend overclocking. It really unlocks the power of the Droid.
  8. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

I followed this great write up to install BB, I am using v0.8 for about a week with no issues and I am now thinking of over clocking my phone(want to run up to 800) with a new kernel. The question I have is do I need to now clear off my home screens(Helix is running as well) and go through with a full wipe of the phone again(and backup) or just start from step 45 while choosing the correct kernel for 2.1? I installed Helix as well as SetCPU already.

As far as temps go how much affect will cases have, I have the pebbly finished one that Verizon sells.
  9. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I've been doing 800 since I OC'd, haven't tried 1000 yet. Is there really much of a difference between 800 and 1000, that is noticeable, or is it "all in your head" haha...I don't want to push my Droid more than I have to especially if the change is negligible.
  10. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Been running 800 since day one of owning a Droid. Read the guides and read up on SetCPU and you will be golden.
  11. nfcrockett

nfcrockett New Member

My case doesn't seem to affect the temps at all. I usually keep it at 800MHz up to 1200MHz
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010