1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Overclocking

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible 2 Hacks' started by ksalce, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ksalce

ksalce New Member

Hi I just recently purchased the Droid incredible 2 and previously had the Droid 2. My question is how do I go about overclocking on this phone? I'm currently rooted and running the latest miui rom? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums
  2. Rhayader

Rhayader New Member

It's pretty easy -- first you need to flash a new kernel that allows overclocking and works with your ROM. I installed the Tiamat kernel on my Inc2 running CM7, but I believe MIUI is also an AOSP-based ROM that is compatible with Tiamat. Check out this RootzWiki thread.

Once your kernel is installed, you'll need an app that can control overclocking -- most people, including myself, go with SetCPU. That will allow you to set max/min clock frequencies, and also set up rules based on different scenarios (screen off, battery low, temperature high, etc). Pretty sweet.
  3. ksalce

ksalce New Member

OK I just checked out the site and I downloaded the latest kernel for the dinc 2. I'm currently on miui right now so I should be good and just flash it in clockwork?

4. Rhayader

Rhayader New Member

Well, as always it's a really good idea to make a nandroid backup before doing anything. I also like to take my time, read through the RootzWiki thread, and see if there are any snags other people hit or whatever. But yeah, in general it's pretty painless, you should be good to run with it.
  5. ksalce

ksalce New Member

Just flashed the kernel and everything worked perfectly :). That is unbelievable that you can overclock it to 2000 MHz.....I got it right now at around 1200 and its running very smooth and fast. Thank you for all your help I greatly appreciate it.

6. Rhayader

Rhayader New Member

Nice, no problem man, rock on.
  7. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

I love the Tiamat 1.1.2 kernel on MIUI. It is not quite as stable as the CM7 kernel when overclocked past about 1300, but it is the only AOSP kernel that has the same earpiece and speaker phone volume as stock. For some reason the MIUI and CM7 kernels are too quiet. I personally don't overclock as I find that the phone doesn't lag anywhere for me anyway, so I don't see the need. Plus 30-70+ hours per charge is great.
Search tags for this page
best htc incredible 2 kernel for overclock
best overclock kernel incredible 2
cm7 overclock kernel on inc2
droid 2 overclocking rom

droid incredible 2 overclock

fast charge tiamat 1.1.2
how to overclock droid incredible
htc incredible 2 overclock kernel

incredible 2 overclock

need overclock kernel for incredible 2

overclock droid incredible 2