1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Overclocking

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by blackmusicbox215, May 3, 2011.

1. blackmusicbox215

blackmusicbox215 New Member

So I recently got a Droid X after I got tired of my Droid 2 Global, and I have to say that this phone is a lot faster then the Global was, and this only has a 1 ghz processor. I wanted to know that if I overclock this Droid, if it'll be faster then it already is, or if its fine and leave it the way that it is? If I should overclock, what's a good app and what's a good speed? And yes, I do realize I have to root to overclock.
  2. sTl2yk3l2

sTl2yk3l2 New Member

Quickclock advanced from the market. It figures out all the values for you automatically, max speed, min vsel. Then I use setcpu to switch goveners and set up profiles to tweek a little more. I get about 24 hours per charge with medium use, overclocked to 1100 and undervolted. Droid overclock is good to. You can export your set up from quickclock and import it and use it in droid overclock. Quickclock takes the guess work out of finding your phones stable settings.

Swyped from my liberatedGB.4 DX
  3. icebluemale30

icebluemale30 New Member

this phone is already fast enough but if you must over clock try the new GB Leak first (stock) its fast enough for me if that not fast enough try the droid overclocker in the market by JRummy16 really good but try the Gingerbread Leak first.....
  4. Howie Dub

Howie Dub New Member

I agree with ice blue...give GB a try. For me, it's much faster @ 1ghz than froyo @ 1.3ghz. I have gotten Quad scores up in the 1900s on GB @ 1ghz while I could only muster mid 1700s on froyo @ 1.3ghz. I've almost hit 2400 on GB @ 1.3ghz, but didn't notice much difference while using the phone, so the extra heat generated wasn't worth it to me.
Search tags for this page

how to overclock samsung galaxy indulge