overclocking with car charger

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by manicpop, Mar 20, 2010.

1. manicpop

manicpop New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I finally got tired of waiting for the official 2.1 so I rooted and installed Bugless Beast 0.9. It is amazing. I also installed the low voltage 250-1000 AdamZ kernel. Everything is so much more responsive. I'm blown away!

I've read on some of the ROM pages about issues with overclocking and using a car charger. I'm not sure if that applies to only particular ROMs or all overclocking in general.

On the "Ultimate Droid V8" page I see:

- When using maps and pandora in dock mode, lower Temperature fail in setcpu profile to 120f and to 600mhz!

-Or before using maps and pandora go in and turn slider down to 600 mhz!!!

-make sure if charging on car charger, charging profile is set to 600 mhz!!

-successful results in not overheating by run at 600 mhz for an hour and charging on medium voltage 1200 mhz adamz kernel set to 600 mhz while using!!

I'm not sure what this means. Does this only apply to this ROM (which I'm not using) or all? Should I always lower my clock to 600mhz any time I use a car charger? Should I lower my clock only if I'm using a car charger and using Google Maps and Pandora? Should I lower my clock if I'm using Google Maps and Pandora even if I'm not using a car charger?

I just want to make sure I'm not going to overheat my processor, and I do occasionally use a car charger and those two programs.

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,860
    I am running DM and I have my profiles/ charging set at 600. I stream music/ sports and that heats the phone up in itself. Besides when I am streaming music/ sports it is while I am at work working and not playing on the phone; so I do not need it to be fast since I am not playing with the device.