Overclocking....tips?....suggestions?....precautio ns.

chefb

Reaction score
Please drop a few tips for a newly rooted noob. Where is the line when overclocking? What app is the best, how do I know when I'm pushing it to far? Thanks in advance.

aDroidman

Reaction score
What phone do you have? I like setcpu you have to pay for it but its worth it in my opinion.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of stickie threads you should read. One is called" Overclocking 101". It is very detailed and informative -- it will give you all the info you ever wanted on overclocking. The second is called something like" So you've rooted, now what? A noob's guide to post-root". Both are must reads.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
I use setCPU and Droid X/2 Overclock. They go very well together and are easy to use, and like huskerkate said, just read up on it so you understand what you are getting into and you'll be fine.

musicman

Reaction score
I think the droid x overclock app is the best. When using it start off with close to normal settings ie. Medium frequency/ 1100. As you test it look for things running abnormally. If everything works fine for a day or so you can try a higher setting or set it to boot. Just make sure you go slow. Also make a nandroid backup before doing any of this.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
That's exactly the app I use and performed your suggestions exactly (even before reading this thread) great minds think alike huh! Am going to run this@ 1.1 for a day or so to see how the X like it. It seems like OCn the DX is much simpler than the D1

DROIDOLOGY, Science of a TRU SMARTPHONE