Overclocking the milestone.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sbaker34, Dec 28, 2010.

1. sbaker34

sbaker34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The milestone as you know is pretty much identical to the droid and using milestone overclock I have it running at at 800mhz. It will have this phone for slightly more then a year and a half until I can renew and get another phone and while I ordered insurance I dont know if they would cover it if the CPU burnt out. Will the CPU last that long? Also assuming yes then at 1gz would it?

2. PunMaster

PunMaster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Overclocking isn't an exact science. By doing it on any system, phone or not, you are taking a small risk. It is unlikely that a small overclock could completely destroy your CPU, but there are no guarantees regarding the stability, battery life, etc. of your phone over time. My recommendation would be to overclock to the lowest speed you are still satisfied with and use your phone for a few days to evaluate it. If everything appears to be fine, either leave it alone, or try taking it up a little more and evaluating it again. I do not have that phone myself, so I can't offer any specific advice on "stable values". Someone else can jump in with more details if they want to.