Overclocking numbers

brmk226

Reaction score
I always see people saying they overclocked there dx to either 1.35ghz or 2.0 ghz but than when I open the overclocking app I see numbers up to 100000 can someone explain that stuff to me

Daali

Reaction score
I always see people saying they overclocked there dx to either 1.35ghz or 2.0 ghz but than when I open the overclocking app I see numbers up to 100000 can someone explain that stuff to me

Some numbers are in Ghz, some KHz, and some Hz

From the original post from El Poblano:
- The clock speed values to be entered WILL VARY IN FORMAT from from Hz to kHz! i.e. 1150000 is 1150 mhz. The second value is a coefficient in an equation to determine voltage, known as vsel., e.g. 80 vsel is 1.6v, 96 vsel is 1.8v. The stock voltage on the X is 66 at 1 gHz.
- The greater the clock speed you set your phone at, the greater the voltage necessary to maintain stability. Do NOT go above 96 vsel, or you could fry your phone. In fact, I wouldn't go much above the stock 66 at all, as I have tested my phone to be stable at 1.1 gHz and 48 vsel, which is well below stock (and the battery gains are by lowering the voltage anyway).

Last edited: