Overclocking - Do I have an install problem?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by BigRedGonzo, Jan 6, 2011.

1. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have wiped and installed SS4.95 and it seems to be running great. I have been using SetCPU and decided to give Chevy's Performance options a whirl. I uninstalled SetCPU and rebooted, went to >menu>settings>ChevyNo1 Tools>options and guess what?? No performance option. I dug around and found a ChevyNo1 Tools app icon in the app drawer and ran it. It had the performance option, which seems to be working well. Now the question, should the performance option be listed in both paths to ChevyNo1 Tools? Do I have an installation ug-oh or is everything OK??

Another question on the same note. If I want to use a conservative overclocking scheme as opposed to the current on demand scheme, can I change ondemand to conservative in the file in the settings directory? (Can't recall the filename off the top of my head.)

Thanks ahead of time for the help, cause with this group, I know it'll come soon.

2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Gonzo - there was a mistaken link for my tools under settings - pls ignore that one, and run Tools from the app drawer - you should find it there!

Also - yes, you can change that setting if you want, it is in /system/xbin/chevyno1/setscaling.d1

Pull the file, edit it, and push it back. I hope to make this UI driven when I finally get some time!