Overclocking app's are here!

mza929

Reaction score
Apparently there are 3 overclocking apps in the market now for the D2.. None of which i have tried.

One is from Jrummy and the other is from Unstable App.

UPDATE - apparenty there is a third app made by Gweedo (see 2nd post)

Here is the one from unstabe apps...

Below is Jrummy's
chart

For some reason I cannot find either in the market on my D2... if someone can help me with that, i would be greatful :D

Credit to the app makers!

Last edited:

want a droid

Reaction score
Gweedo has an overclocking app that works for both the dx and d2. Search dxd2 overclocker in the market. Its .99 cents, tested and works.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
mza929

mza929

Reaction score
Gweedo has an overclocking app that works for both the dx and d2. Search dxd2 overclocker in the market. Its .99 cents, tested and works.

nothing is coming up when i search for any of these apps... do i need a market patch? Im running r2d2 2.4 clean rom..

Updating OP with gweedos stuff too...

nuclearbier

Reaction score
Can I still use SetCPU profiles with these apps? Or do any of the 3 overclocking apps have profiles like SetCPU?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

nothing is coming up when i search for any of these apps... do i need a market patch? Im running r2d2 2.4 clean rom..

Are you using your bar code scanner? You should download one from the Market if you don't have one.

OP
mza929

mza929

Reaction score

Are you using your bar code scanner? You should download one from the Market if you don't have one.

ok i think i needed a market patch because i went back and flashed a different ROM and could find the apps no problem :)

Only trouble is I cant seem to get any speeds to work without a reboot. not even 1.1ghz.

Im going to flash fission rom and attempt again.

karnovaran

Reaction score
Can I still use SetCPU profiles with these apps? Or do any of the 3 overclocking apps have profiles like SetCPU?
I used JRummy's to apply the 1.25 low voltage settings and then SetCPU to manage profiles. Haven't run into any conflicts.

dennyjones

Reaction score
I'm using the DX/D2 Overclock running at 1.3 on my DX and haven't encountered any problems. I'm running Setcpu to verify speed and there is no conflict.

I've run into trouble with the DX/D2 Overclock. It wasn't stable at 1.3. I've changed to Jrummy's overclock and it has worked flawlessly at 1.2.

Last edited:

rustynutzz

Reaction score
I'm also using jrummy's DX/D2 overclock app on a Droid 2. Running ultra low voltage 1.45 with no problems. Ran Quadrant Benchmark and got 1839. Lovin itdancedroid

Last edited:
OP
mza929

mza929

Reaction score
ok

after flashing green rom 2.4.5 - i can only use unstable apps overclock app as Jrummy's causes reboots... I can only got up to 1.2ghz, which is better than nothing i guess :)

Dustin.

Reaction score
after flashing green rom 2.4.5 - i can only use unstable apps overclock app as Jrummy's causes reboots... I can only got up to 1.2ghz, which is better than nothing i guess :)

I'm running the same ROM and using Jrummy's app, Medium Voltage 1.25GHz and no reboot issue here.. So, I'd try going back to the market and seeing if you get the update. Because right after I installed, I went back to the market and grabbed the update and my OC stuck. Just have to go in and change the profile settings in change it to the new OC settings.

OP
mza929

mza929

Reaction score

I'm running the same ROM and using Jrummy's app, Medium Voltage 1.25GHz and no reboot issue here.. So, I'd try going back to the market and seeing if you get the update. Because right after I installed, I went back to the market and grabbed the update and my OC stuck. Just have to go in and change the profile settings in change it to the new OC settings.

thanks for the update - i tried that, still wont work. I'd rather use Jrummys version... i might have to wipe everything and start with a clean slate so to speak.

Dustin.

Reaction score

thanks for the update - i tried that, still wont work. I'd rather use Jrummys version... i might have to wipe everything and start with a clean slate so to speak.

Well with the installation instructions when installing Green ROMs you have to wipe cache/data prior to installation, then wipe cache/data after the install, then a factory reset once your running the ROM. That could be an issue, not 100% though, just throwing that out there because most people who didn't follow 100% got some minor issues..

Post back and let me know your results, and I'll continue to try and help ya out!

OP
mza929

mza929

Reaction score
I'm running the same ROM and using Jrummy's app, Medium Voltage 1.25GHz and no reboot issue here.. So, I'd try going back to the market and seeing if you get the update. Because right after I installed, I went back to the market and grabbed the update and my OC stuck. Just have to go in and change the profile settings in change it to the new OC setting

Well with the installation instructions when installing Green ROMs you have to wipe cache/data prior to installation, then wipe cache/data after the install, then a factory reset once your running the ROM. That could be an issue, not 100% though, just throwing that out there because most people who didn't follow 100% got some minor issues..

Post back and let me know your results, and I'll continue to try and help ya out!

Done and is working now! Running jrummys verion ulv @ 1.2ghz :)

Dustin.

Reaction score

Done and is working now! Running jrummys verion ulv @ 1.2ghz :)

Congrats!!