Overclocked at 1.3ghz...what shoud temp read?

Reaction score
Hey all... well, new to android and Droid 2....
I've done alot of reading... (Alot of info and sometimes very contradicting!!!) but I've figured out some of it....

I already rooted, and I am oc at 1.3ghz..
My question is what is a safe temp ?

Also.. I have everything in place to flash my rom.... looking for fast and reliable with little to know bloat....

Thanks....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know for the D1 anything over 45 degree celsius was trouble

nickb1

Reaction score
Hey all... well, new to android and Droid 2....
I've done alot of reading... (Alot of info and sometimes very contradicting!!!) but I've figured out some of it....

I already rooted, and I am oc at 1.3ghz..
My question is what is a safe temp ?

Also.. I have everything in place to flash my rom.... looking for fast and reliable with little to know bloat....

Thanks....

Im not to sure on roms. But for temperatures im usually around 96 degrees F (1.4 ghz). It really depends what your minimum is set at. I remember one time I was stuck at 1.4 ghz for more than an hour in my pocket. I think it was around 140 degrees F. I wouldnt worry about it too much. Just judge by how hot it is in your hand.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
A temp trigger should kick in at 135 f. Motorola knows it will get hot at stock volts and clock. They just don't want melted plastic and burn victim suits. I got to 144 before that kicked in though....idle should stay cool. 3g and games will start your voyage to a mobile hotplate.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I have mine overclocked at 1.25 ghz, it usually runs around 80-90 F. I have setcpu set to turn down the cpu when it hits 110 F. I'm sure it has no problem running that warm, but it's yet to kick in.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
My old Droid got to 140 degrees a couple times before .. know the phones have a shutoff if they reach critical temp ..

D1-MIUI ROM with Blue Steel theme
Slayher 1.2 GHz kernal
1st quadrant - 1568
2nd quadrant - 1695

Sent from a Droid .. where no Droid has gone before ..

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Out of idle my D1 is running at 22-30C, doesn't go much above 40C because of setcpu profiles I have setup. I just aim to keep it below 40C and that is just my personal target.