Overclocked and Quadrant Standard Problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gflam, Jul 3, 2010.

1. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

I have a chevy ultra low voltage 1.2Ghz kernel. When I overclock my motorola droid to 1.2Ghz and I do normal thins such as surf the internet and run apps my phone runs fine. However, when I run the app quadrant standard at 1.2Ghz my phone makes it to the 2d graphics part then it freezes and my phone shuts down and reboots. Any ideas why my phone runs fine at 1.2Ghz but can't make it through the cpu test. Could it be because I don't usually overclock to 1.2Ghz only when I'm downloading things like new roms and that because i'm not usually at that speed my phone isn't used to it. Thanks for any help
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

could just be the hardware on your phone. All phones differ a bit and some can run certain speeds/voltages with some apps and some can't. Try clocking dowm a slot and trying again. Or try the LV kernals. It's all trial and error.
  3. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Well I tried the low voltage ones as well I tried a low voltage 1.2Ghz and 1.25Ghz as well as kernels from others besides chevy. All ran fine except in quadrant standard. And when I'm running at 1.1Ghz I can make it through quadrant just thought it was weird that the phone could run at 1.2Ghz fine but couldn't make it through quadrant unless i was one slot lower.
  4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

That is weird, only other thing i can think of is uninstall and reinstall Quadrant
  5. Zac7

Zac7 New Member

I have the same issue when I run any of chevys 1.2 kernels. I can get through quadrant with p3's 1.2 kernel, kinda wierd, but my guess is is the kernel why you cant get through quadrant.
  6. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

If you have to pick a specific kernel to OC to 1.2GHz, then your phone isn't stable at 1.2GHz - period. Keep it a 1.1GHz and be happy with your 100% overclock over stock speed (550MHz -> 1100MHz)
  7. Zac7

Zac7 New Member

My phone is fine at 1.2ghz. I have been running at that speed well before froyo. Not every size fits all on droid. I use to use bekits and they were great. Now its as if my phone doesn't like chevy's, I wish it did though. Its just for some reason chevys kernels 1.25 or 1.2 don't make it through quadrant for whatever reason. So yes I would try other kernels to see which one is most stable at the speed you want to run - period.
Search tags for this page

quadrant standard problem in cpu speed