OverClock

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Dolfan, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can I overclock using the stock FRG22D? If not , can someone direct me to a info page of the correct way for me to do that..

Bob

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Running stock kernel you should be running a 800 mghz. This is what I discovered when I downloaded a leaked version of 2.2 on my rooted droid. So you may not realize it but your already going faster then you were before.

3. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did the force update of the FRG22D I did not wait for the OTA ...lol
    on a speed test I get 1401kbps and upload of 565kbps....I dont know if that tells you anything about my clock speed thu..

Bob

4. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I take it before the update we were running like 500mghz and after we are at 800mghz?

Bob

5. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you rooted?

Download/Upload speeds have nothing to do with CPU process.

If you root, you can then flash a new kernel and overclock the cpu.

6. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1

I am not rooted, all I did was force the update because I basically got tired of waiting for it..lol

Bob

7. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You cannot overclock unless you are rooted.

8. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can you point me to the correct step by step rooting guide, and how do I decide what kernel to run after rooting, I see several Roms to run, how do I know which one to choose?

Bob

9. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am rooted running BuglessBeast V0.4 with jdlfg's 1200MHz Kernal and SetCPU set at 1100MHz. Quadrant score of 1531. CPU running cool and battery life with no noticeable change. I have tried other Kernals and at this speed setting they make my system very unstable and the CPU runs very hot. This is the first Kernal that does it do that to my system. Not sure what this author did verses the other Kernal authors but it works great for my Droid 1.

#9 rlarson_mn, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  10. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeahhhh man Here We Go Dolphins!!!! Here We Go!!!!!! Good football team you got there hahahahaha. Thats my team hahahhaa.

Hey Dolfan if you click the link below in my signature that will take you to the best step by step rooting guide for the Droid. Follow the steps and you will be rooted in no time. Also after rooting you will be able to install custom roms. Or custom kernels which will overclock your cpu for you. Most custom roms will auto overclock your cpu for you which is good so you really dont have to mess with that much. I personally prefer the Liquid custom roms although there are alot of different roms out there. Liquid is my favorite. Im currently running there latest version LFYv1.6 and my phone is super fast and smooth. The default cpu for this rom is set to 1000mhz which is more then fast enough for me. Its like a brand new phone now. Below is the main link to the custom roms and also the Liquid rom section. Remember dont be afraid to ask questions. There are alot of friendly and helpful people on this forum.

Custom Rom Links

Liquid Roms Link

11. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Skylordusa1,
    Thanks for the reply, my phone is really running fine,lol, but it seems since I have manually loaded the update I seem to just wanna mess with stuff,,,lol...I wont have time today to try it, but will give the links you have here a look over and read thru em, and then maybe give it a shot, thanks again, Ill let you know if I try it how I made out..

Bob

PS. Go Fins!!

12. whiddles

whiddles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I may grow some and root my phone. Im tired of these stupid preloaded apps and not being able to enjoy hotspot wifi, also able to take screen shots.