1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Overclock stock kernel

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by apastuszak, Jan 17, 2011.

1. apastuszak

apastuszak New Member

My headphone jack was giving me some problems. I called Verizon Tech Support and they wanted to wipe my phone. Problem was. my phone was running UltimateDroid.

So I used some unrooting procedure and went back to stock 2.2. The phone updated to 2.2.1 OTA and MY PROBLEM WAS GONE.

So, naturally, I rooted again. This time I decided to just keep the stock 2.21 and just overclock. Since I bought SetCPU already I installed it. I hadn't put down an overclocked kernel, so I figured I could at least crank it up to 600Mhz, if nothing else.

Well, SetCPU let me crank it up to 800Mhz using the stock Droid kernel. Is this normal, or is something hanging around from my old root that is doing this?
  2. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Stock Kernal was 800 for me when I first installed it.
  3. mkjellgren

mkjellgren New Member

Since the first 2.2 update the stock clock speed was bumped from 550 to 600mhz and the max frequency raised to 800mhz. Its totally normal and is moto/verizon's doing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. apastuszak

apastuszak New Member

Thanks for the info!
Search tags for this page

overclock android stock kernel

overclock android without kernel support

overclock with stock kernel

overclock without custom kernel
razr stock kernel oc