Overclock stock kernel

apastuszak

Reaction score
My headphone jack was giving me some problems. I called Verizon Tech Support and they wanted to wipe my phone. Problem was. my phone was running UltimateDroid.

So I used some unrooting procedure and went back to stock 2.2. The phone updated to 2.2.1 OTA and MY PROBLEM WAS GONE.

So, naturally, I rooted again. This time I decided to just keep the stock 2.21 and just overclock. Since I bought SetCPU already I installed it. I hadn't put down an overclocked kernel, so I figured I could at least crank it up to 600Mhz, if nothing else.

Well, SetCPU let me crank it up to 800Mhz using the stock Droid kernel. Is this normal, or is something hanging around from my old root that is doing this?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Since the first 2.2 update the stock clock speed was bumped from 550 to 600mhz and the max frequency raised to 800mhz. Its totally normal and is moto/verizon's doing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

apastuszak

Reaction score
Since the first 2.2 update the stock clock speed was bumped from 550 to 600mhz and the max frequency raised to 800mhz. Its totally normal and is moto/verizon's doing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thanks for the info!