1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Overclock question?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by budmonster, Feb 17, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I currently just have root, I dont want any roms. Is there any way I can overclock my droid to 950 or whatever the recommend setting is? I have setCPU on my phone. Could anyone help a noob out? thanks
  2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Yup, you just need a custom overclock kernel. Right now id have to recommend adamz new kernel. It can be found on alldroid.org.
  4. budmonster

budmonster Guest

The tutorial shows you how in install the 1ghz.img

What if I want 950 or 800, where do you find those at? And do I still follow the same instructions?
  5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

get the app called "setcpu" from the market. then you can choose what speed you want to run at. it'll also let you set sleep, charging and other profiles.

we also recommend "temp monitor" to monitor your cpu temp.
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

get the one that will run at the fasts speed you are likely to want (actually, scratch that... just get the 1Ghz one)... those are just the max settings. You can set a lower temp (800 or 950) from setcpu. There should be a link on the guide to another guide that goes over all of that. If not just check out the devs site:
    http://www.pokedev.com/setcpu/
  7. budmonster

budmonster Guest

the tutorial you gave me says to get oc1ghz.img. Are you saying even when I flash that I can still overclock it to 950 instead of 1ghz?

your kind of confusing me on this.

can anyone give me a proper guide on how to overclock my droid to 950. im just rooted, i dont want any roms or any **** on my phone, just wanna speed it up.

thanks
  8. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Download roothelper in the market and follow the instructions in the app's menu. It will flash the kernel for you.
  9. budmonster

budmonster Guest

so i download roothelper, then i download the tools, correct? and put the tools folder on my sdcard?
  10. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

it's the same process, just use a different file. Read the threads, if you can't figure it out, don't do it
  11. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

^+ OP no offense but everything you need is in those links... Set CPU is what controls the speed... if you can't figure it out between those two posts you should take some tome and learn more about what you're doing. I'm not a fan of rooting apps and installers for this very reason.... some things are just not for everyone, good luck, hope you get it worked out (again all the info is right there)
  12. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I've never really used it before so I'm not able to give much advice. I do know that the app offers instructions somewhere within it's menu. If it says to place something in the root of your sd card, it means to put it on the "home page" (if you're using astro).
  13. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ok I used to SholesMod Updater to root my phone, so I'm currently running SholesMod 2.0.5. The rom says tt has 8 cpufreq slots (250/500/600/700/800/1000/1100/1200) based on a patch by t3hSteve.

I'm not familiar with what settings to use. I want to use 800 or 1000, is that safe? If i set it to 1ghz what should i make the MIN? I don't know what the MIN/MAX should be in the profiles settings eathier, like when the battery is charging, etc. Can someone recommend maybe their settings, that have worked well for them so I can have some idea of what to do.