1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Overclock Kernals

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Buddy1, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Buddy1

Buddy1 New Member

I have 2 questions, first one is I want to install one of
    ChevyNo1's overclocking kernels but want to be able to go back to the original kernel if need be. How do I back up my original kernel before playing around?

Second question, I have the Droid1 with 2.2 FRG22D and have rooted using MotoCache oh so well written procedure. I would I go about unrooting if need be?

Am sure all have been asked before and I have looked, but cannot seem to find the answer

Thx in advance
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

The best way to save your kernel is to make a nandroid back-up before you flash the new kernel and if you don't like it, or it doesn't work for you, just restore your back-up

As far as un-rooting I believe you would just flash the SBF back to stock, as outlined in one of Motocache's write-up's
  3. Buddy1

Buddy1 New Member

Thx I did not know that when you make a nandroid backup that it backs up things like that. Very good to know. Which type of backup do I pick?

I looked but do not see the unroot procedure in Motocache's write up, but will look again