OverClock Droid X/Droid 2... Is 2GHz Okay?

bomber889

Reaction score
ZOMG!!! I got mine to 33GHz!!! its soo real and fast guys!

NO THATS FAKEE!!!!!

SYR52.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

wmnomore

Reaction score
Okay, so does this mean all the OC apps are fake? All they are doing is making you think that it is overclocked? If true, there will be some backlash against these devs.
I think we all need some more proof.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i guess when you overclock to 3GHz, your phone becomes slower than stock and lags like it does in that video? Obvious fake...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, so does this mean all the OC apps are fake? All they are doing is making you think that it is overclocked? If true, there will be some backlash against these devs.
I think we all need some more proof.

Clearly not. If you OC legitly you can tell a difference. I think the point is that the foolish video showing 3GHz was fake, and easily faked. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

silvasrt4

Reaction score
Personally, I didn't watch the video because I feel it is a waste of time. There is no possible reason to over clock a phone that much as it is. The timing in the processor would be thrown so far off that it would run worse at 3GHz than at 1GHz...

wmnomore

Reaction score
I just want proof that we are overclocking at all. I would like my phone to do 1.2 or 1.4. I just can't get the app to work to see if i can't tell the difference. Maybe if i had a system page from quadrant to prove the oc.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Yep, I know how to get to the system page on quadrant. I am unable to OC and want to get someone who did it to look at their system page.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh ok, well i dont wanna take a screenshot right now haha, but it does in fact show that the overclock in the system information screen and if i lower it, it shows that too

aayoo

Reaction score
Haven't even got around to overclocking my device. Its lightning already. Most likely when I do, i'll cap off in the 1.3-1.4ghz area and call it quits. Im just glad too see a workaround to the bootloader, but im more than satisfied with the device as is.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can not speak abou anyone else's device and I am going to reserve judgment of whatI think of the 3000+ vid and pics. I am only going to talk about my o/c experience on the d2. From the 3 d2 and 2 droid x I can say that 1.2 is probably the most stable speed on average that I was able to overclock. Now from the droid 1 I know that some devices can do more than others. But as far as the few droid 2 and x processors only 2 phones out of the 5 I played with were able to hit 1.4 and I was able to get mine to 1.45 but the heat and the fact it only lasted maybe 5 mins did not allow me to test its worth. I know we have some rare devices out there but I find that holding 1.4 with out a reboot seems to be the threshold where the small percentage of phones can hit as of the moment. So from 1000-1300 seems to be the range that majority of the droid 2 and droid x I messed with have been able to reside at as far as being useful. Now if me pushed the voltage we probably could have hold 1.4 for longer but then the devices get warmer and the battery life decreases. Smart phones such as the droid already require that you manage the device (as far as using power setting widget) just to get through the day. No one wants to decrease their battery life.
I think 1.2ghz is good enough for every day use to be honest, if you can get it higher and make it last kudos but my device will stay at 1.25 for everyday use, everything else may be to see how long I can hold it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats my point, what is the point of going to 2ghz if its slow and unresponsive. Basically the droid 2 and droid x is useful range averages from 1000 to 1300. There are some devices that can get beyond 1.4. But past 1.5 the device is struggling. So its not really going 2 ghz its trying to make the changes but can not and as a result locking up and rebooting.