OverClock Droid X/Droid 2... Is 2GHz Okay?

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just remember everyone, there is no need for this to turn into a bash fest.

The phones have no reason to be running this fast anyway. What do you plan on doing with it overclocked that high. compile a rom for your phone, on your phone?? pointless.

Also, this community is full of childish people. You can't just show people something, and expect them not to want it. Because of this, videos, pics, and whatever else are pointless without something to back it up as proof. Without them, people flame/bash/threaten/etc until something either turns up, or they are told that it will never happen. But, those people that want it also need to understand that things like this aren't always for the good of the phone. It is people like that who take their "bricked" phone back to verizon, and getting a replacement. It has gone from phones like the G1, N1, and D1, to the G2, Droid X, and Droid 2. This community has been going down the wrong path, and I hope to god it turns around as it makes it less and less enjoyable to post on the forums. There are so many things that could easily be changed, but some people are in it for the money, instead of for the fun of it, or for the chance of learning something and making new friends. I wish we could weed out those who fall into this category...

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The phones have no reason to be running this fast anyway. What do you plan on doing with it overclocked that high. compile a rom for your phone, on your phone?? pointless.

Also, this community is full of childish people. You can't just show people something, and expect them not to want it. Because of this, videos, pics, and whatever else are pointless without something to back it up as proof. Without them, people flame/bash/threaten/etc until something either turns up, or they are told that it will never happen. But, those people that want it also need to understand that things like this aren't always for the good of the phone. It is people like that who take their "bricked" phone back to verizon, and getting a replacement. It has gone from phones like the G1, N1, and D1, to the G2, Droid X, and Droid 2. This community has been going down the wrong path, and I hope to god it turns around as it makes it less and less enjoyable to post on the forums. There are so many things that could easily be changed, but some people are in it for the money, instead of for the fun of it, or for the chance of learning something and making new friends. I wish we could weed out those who fall into this category...

Well said Tank. You know where I stand. I know where you stand. All of this is for fun. Nothing more, nothing less.

canvs2321

Reaction score

I'm not gonna lie, your post was pretty randomly pieced together, you go on about many groups of ppl, but never come to a conclusion, anywho, the year is 2010, ppl will always be dumb, and developers will always want $, so, you have to make sure you understand, that things won't change.

Just keep your standards, and allow others to lower theirs, thats all you can do :)

It's a capitalistic world, as I'm apart of it, just let those who want to be ignorant/dishonest/moronic be, and keep on your path of what you think is right/wrong, and everything will go great for you! :)

anywho have a good one

hyatari

Reaction score
I don't understand the hostilities here. If this guy wants to overclock his phone to insane speeds and does so successfully more power to him. Would more proof and release of info for us to try be nice? You bet, but either way its nothing to get worked up about. Why would you even be offended by this? I think its great. Hitting speeds of that magnitude on a phone probably isn't going to be something for the general masses anyhow so just enjoy the ride. Now as for this dudes musical taste, that's another story. Linkin park, that's trrbl.

Reaction score
^ lol was gonna comment about dudes obsession with linkin park.

whether this is real or not i see no need to clock mine that high. im at 1.4 right now and maybe if given the option id round it off to 1.5.

jmart8684

Reaction score
May be fake. opening setscaling.sh if done with original o/c method, changing echo and echo 0 lines will change what comes up in the setcpu speed options. not sure how to change the above it where it would say XXMHz

janorton05

Reaction score
My D1 does 1.3GHz...whys 2GHz for a CPU that runs at 1GHz so hard to believe...???

Exactly I had my d1 running at 1.1 with no problems. If the x and d2 can go 2 that's awesome. Any chance of getting the fascinate up there :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

droidman101

Reaction score
My D1 does 1.3GHz...whys 2GHz for a CPU that runs at 1GHz so hard to believe...???

Exactly I had my d1 running at 1.1 with no problems. If the x and d2 can go 2 that's awesome. Any chance of getting the fascinate up there :D

The droid1 has a different proccessor. Really different. Compare the ally's proccessor and the droids proccessor, and you'll see the difference in about and houd, even though they're clocked at the same speed

silvasrt4

Reaction score
ZOMG!!! I got mine to 33GHz!!! its soo real and fast guys!

SYR52.jpg

janorton05

Reaction score
Very true. Do you think the manufacturers will put out phones with that much room for improvement anymore or they going to pretty max use the processors to their full extent? It's nice having that much room for play. Kinda like christmas being able to double your processing speed then brag about it