over-clocking to 600MHz

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by marioman68, Feb 5, 2010.

1. marioman68

marioman68 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have the newest sholesmod rom 2.0.2 and i love it, i have my droid set to 800MHz and it runs great but it gets hot, so now the question is there anyway to set it to 600MHz cuze i loved that speed before i tryed setting it to 550MHz but it just was not as good. im sorry if this was answered but i searched everywhere. thank you

2. HeroNova

HeroNova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have setcpu or are you doing it manually?

Edit: also, I thought I read that 2.0.2 was pulled back but I'll have to look into it. I'm running 2.0.1 and I updated it yesterday.

3. marioman68

marioman68 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    o ya sorry ya i have setcpu and i have all the profiles set and its wonderful but when i try to set it on the bar it goes from 550 to 800 so i not sure if i missing something.

4. HeroNova

HeroNova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just checked my SetCPU and you are right, I can only go from 550 to 800. I guess maybe that is the only function that's available for now unfortunately. Unless, by default, the ROM runs at 600 though I'm not sure.

And I checked up on the Sholes 2.0.2 and it looks like they fixed the issues the original was having. Depending on when you did the update maybe try updating again and see what happens.

5. marioman68

marioman68 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok thank you i was just wondering about it. i miss the 600 it worked so good and didnt have to worry about heat issues at all, maybe in another release. one more thing now that i have 800 when i am using the phone it get to 42C or 43C is that bad it seems really hot.

6. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The devs are working on adding more "slots" to the cpu frequency scaling. Once they have that figured out, you'll probably be able to get 50Mhz increments all the way up from 500 to wherever they decide it's safe.

A good workaround is to set it for 800Mhz, but use profiles to scale it back to 550 if the temperature gets above a threshold. I set my threshold to be 41 C - so far it seems to work well, it runs fast and cool most of the time at 950, but if it gets too hot it slows down.

7. marioman68

marioman68 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok sounds good, i guess ill get used to it, thanks for the reply and again i love my droid and all u guys are doing. i wish i could do more then just donate money but thats better then nothing. thanks again

Search tags for this page

how to hack android 600 mhz to 800mhz