over clocking problem

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by lennywc, Mar 4, 2010.

1. lennywc

lennywc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't get my droid to overclock. I run the set cpu app and selected the droid device ( also tried the bottom selection ) but I can't get the cclocking sliders to go over 550 mhz. What am I doing wrong?

2. Anonymouse

Anonymouse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your phone need a kernel with overclockable speeds.

3. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Have you root'ed your phone and then also installed a ROM supporting overclocking or at least a Kernal that supports Overclocking. Rooting by itself will not allow you to overclock.

also make sure you are choosing "Autodetect" which on my Droid is the very first selection not the last one.

4. lennywc

lennywc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where do I get this kernal with overciocking abilities and yes I rooted my phone. Oh,how do I use the superuser permissions app? There is so much I don't know. I rooted because I wanted to run googleearth, well I am sucessfully running it. So at least I accomplished that. Now about that kernal.........

5. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    this is the thread I followed. I just wanted to Root and Overclock my phone, wasn't looking for a major change to the phone with new ROMS and such..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/24452-rooting-overclocking-3.html#post245868

(start at post #27)

Don't forget to apply the Wi-Fi fix too so that you can use Wi-Fi after the Kernal is replaced (it's all in the thread)