Over Clocking Moto Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by struong57, Oct 23, 2010.

1. struong57

struong57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the original Moto Droid and love it. However, ever since the O.S. upgraded to Froyo, my Droid has been running SO sluggish. I keep hearing about over clocking (via rooting), but I don't really care to do any customization on my Droid (i.e. removing stock apps).

My question is, can I simply over clock my Droid and how stable will my Droid run? Also, if I over clock, what will happen to all the apps I currently have on my Droid? Lastly, will over clocking improve the "lag" that I've been experiencing ever since the Froyo upgrade?

Thanks.

2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well stock froyo is slow in itself. Installing a custom Rom coupled with overclocking could help obliterate the lag. Maybe someone can link you to the guide for rooting by motocache to get started.

Sent from my Droid

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This has been discussed many times, really. 2.2 does not cause your Droid to run sluggish. What you need to do is find out what is doing this.

If you're running a task killer or antivirus please take that off. If that's not the case then you probably simply need to do a factory data reset. That will get your Droid running like new again.

Then make sure on a monthly basis that you clean the apps cache to keep good performance. You can get a cache cleaner in the market.

4. struong57

struong57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hookbill,

My Motorola Droid was running fine until the Froyo upgrade. I can only assume that 2.2 is causing the lag. I am not running any task killer or anti virus on my Droid. Any other suggestions?

5. struong57

struong57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I do a factory data reset, will I lose all the apps I purchased from the Android Market and have to re-purchase them?

6. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your paid apps will show up as purchased in the market. You will just have to re-install them but they will be paid for already

Sent from my Droid

7. sk36191

sk36191 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    new hear kinda noobish wit all the droid rootin n wat not but i rooted my phone and tried puttin a custom rom and keep gettin a Triangle with exclamation point and a phone when i start it holding x and power and have to restart to get it workin again if ya can help thanks....

8. bpad10

bpad10 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That usually means you don't have superuser privilages and your not rooted.......sorry.

9. sk36191

sk36191 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have superuser app and downloaded rom manager and downloaded bugless beast and put it on card and tried and thats when it comes up should i unroot and reroot or wat?

10. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Unfortunately I think bpad10 is correct.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

how to make your droid run like new