Ovefheated Thunderbolt

bclinsure

Reaction score
I'm on my second Thunderbolt already and have had no problems since I received the second one. However, within the last week the phone starts getting hotter and the battery wears down very quickly. I would have thought this was a battery issue except I have two batteries and it's been happening with both. I even turned off the bluetooth, GPS and WIFI to make sure that wasn't causing the problem and it wasn't.

I did call Verizon and their only solution is to send me another refurbished Tbolt. I actually asked them about replacing it with a different phone and they basically laughed at me. The tech said they usually would only do that if it's your third phone. Too bad this product keeps having issues because when it's good, it's really good.:angry:

Has this happened to anybody and, if so, what did you do?

tituswife

Reaction score
Sometimes when I am using the phone a lot, it does get really warm. I don't have as much a problem with battery, because I am home, so usually plugged in. What cools it down is to plug in, and stop using. I also open the kick stand, thinking maybe a little more air to inside phone. Probably silly, but it makes me feel better. It would be quite a problem if I wasn't home, where I can keep it plugged in.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt