Outside reviews - misleading

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by todroid, Nov 29, 2011.

1. todroid

todroid Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Just needed to vent.
    I'm sorely disappointed in a lot of the media reviews bashing the battery life and then mentioning the Smart Actions as some kind of gimmick, as in "when I pull into my driveway it sets my phone to vibrate". If they only tried using the Actions as a functional tool instead of a "Siri"-like companion software only, the battery life statements would be much more correct.
    It does not affect me (getting over 20 hours of battery life ever time with my use pattern), but I think it's very misleading to a lot of people who may underestimate this device, to the point of not buying, based on the media reviews.
    End rant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I totally agree with you. I believe that a lot of the people (not associated with google or android phones) who write these reviews most likely have an iPhone, but won't admit it. They certainly have a hidden agenda...and that is to bash anything that is not an iPhone. It fits the sterotype...columnist...liberal...MacBoy...totally non-objective. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a good phone, but not any better or without blemishes.

3. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Wait a minute, you mean the iPhone's not just inherently better because it's from Apple?

4. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,287
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Agreed. But it goes far further than the battery life. They are bashing it on so many fronts that it's a wonder anybody buys it. :angry:

I have mine, and I can tell you I'd take the RAZR over the iDrop or the HTC nonSENSE phones any day. The screen is being bashed...I think it's beautiful. How many of us are getting a magnifying glass and looking at the pixel layout of the Pentile display? I mean, seriously?>:? The battery life is INCREDIBLE, especially considering the size and brightness of the display, the speed of the dual-core processor, the svelte size, and the almost weightless feel. Sure, they could have gone with a thicker form factor, like the HTC phones, but with the incredible miniaturization technology inside this - if the case were as thick as the HTC phones, the battery could be thick enough to last a week!

The phone is what it is...a marvel in modern technology, a superb phone radio, and an overall performer.

5. Arodnum1

Arodnum1 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Just like their computers are 1-2 thousands dollars better than my Dell or HP baha

6. satarecah

satarecah Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah i love this prep college kid at my school "oooh ive got a top of the line mac i can play any game i want" my response was "really cause i have the 590 gtx and the core i7 extreme, it cost half of your mac and runs 10xs better bet you can't max out bf3..." i just left him in awe hate people like that oh it is better cause its a mac its like they are brain washed....

7. todroid

todroid Member

Ratings:
    +6
    It's funny how this thread took on anti-fruit campaign after I just used Siri as an example, LOL. Not my original intention, but it's Droid Forums, right? I think iPhone is not just fine, but perfectly suited for some people. Just not us :)
    My use of Siri was just an example of software that does affect user interface, but nothing else. Smart Actions can do that AND improve the battery life to a great degree, and the reviewers completely miss that!

8. feverhost

feverhost Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Today is the first full date I've been with my Raze. I started the day at 8am and it's nearly 3pm my time. I still have 60% battery life left. Reading a lot of reviews I was thinking maybe 6-7 hours of battery life, but it looks like more than that. Some of the initial reviews on the Razr have been horrible.

9. busab

busab Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I really don't understand the reviews about the battery life. My battery life is exceptional. Maybe they all have the data bug that gobs up large amount of data for no apparent reason causing the battery to die quickly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

10. Thach

Thach Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I have been amazed by the battery life as well. I don't have 4g in my area so I have it set to 3g only and that may be helping. But I am averaging about 15 hours before I am at 40%. I love this phone.

11. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
  12. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    The app needs a way to Thank posts...lol. Totally agree about the screen and Pentile on the RAZR.