Outside reviews - misleading

todroid

Reaction score
Just needed to vent.
I'm sorely disappointed in a lot of the media reviews bashing the battery life and then mentioning the Smart Actions as some kind of gimmick, as in "when I pull into my driveway it sets my phone to vibrate". If they only tried using the Actions as a functional tool instead of a "Siri"-like companion software only, the battery life statements would be much more correct.
It does not affect me (getting over 20 hours of battery life ever time with my use pattern), but I think it's very misleading to a lot of people who may underestimate this device, to the point of not buying, based on the media reviews.
End rant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Just needed to vent.
I'm sorely disappointed in a lot of the media reviews bashing the battery life and then mentioning the Smart Actions as some kind of gimmick, as in "when I pull into my driveway it sets my phone to vibrate". If they only tried using the Actions as a functional tool instead of a "Siri"-like companion software only, the battery life statements would be much more correct.
It does not affect me (getting over 20 hours of battery life ever time with my use pattern), but I think it's very misleading to a lot of people who may underestimate this device, to the point of not buying, based on the media reviews.
End rant.

I totally agree with you. I believe that a lot of the people (not associated with google or android phones) who write these reviews most likely have an iPhone, but won't admit it. They certainly have a hidden agenda...and that is to bash anything that is not an iPhone. It fits the sterotype...columnist...liberal...MacBoy...totally non-objective. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a good phone, but not any better or without blemishes.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Wait a minute, you mean the iPhone's not just inherently better because it's from Apple?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I totally agree with you. I believe that a lot of the people (not associated with google or android phones) who write these reviews most likely have an iPhone, but won't admit it. They certainly have a hidden agenda...and that is to bash anything that is not an iPhone. It fits the sterotype...columnist...liberal...MacBoy...totally non-objective. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a good phone, but not any better or without blemishes.

Agreed. But it goes far further than the battery life. They are bashing it on so many fronts that it's a wonder anybody buys it. :angry:

I have mine, and I can tell you I'd take the RAZR over the iDrop or the HTC nonSENSE phones any day. The screen is being bashed...I think it's beautiful. How many of us are getting a magnifying glass and looking at the pixel layout of the Pentile display? I mean, seriously?>:? The battery life is INCREDIBLE, especially considering the size and brightness of the display, the speed of the dual-core processor, the svelte size, and the almost weightless feel. Sure, they could have gone with a thicker form factor, like the HTC phones, but with the incredible miniaturization technology inside this - if the case were as thick as the HTC phones, the battery could be thick enough to last a week!

The phone is what it is...a marvel in modern technology, a superb phone radio, and an overall performer.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Wait a minute, you mean the iPhone's not just inherently better because it's from Apple?

Just like their computers are 1-2 thousands dollars better than my Dell or HP baha

satarecah

Reaction score
Yeah i love this prep college kid at my school "oooh ive got a top of the line mac i can play any game i want" my response was "really cause i have the 590 gtx and the core i7 extreme, it cost half of your mac and runs 10xs better bet you can't max out bf3..." i just left him in awe hate people like that oh it is better cause its a mac its like they are brain washed....

OP
T

todroid

Reaction score
It's funny how this thread took on anti-fruit campaign after I just used Siri as an example, LOL. Not my original intention, but it's Droid Forums, right? I think iPhone is not just fine, but perfectly suited for some people. Just not us :)
My use of Siri was just an example of software that does affect user interface, but nothing else. Smart Actions can do that AND improve the battery life to a great degree, and the reviewers completely miss that!

feverhost

Reaction score
Today is the first full date I've been with my Raze. I started the day at 8am and it's nearly 3pm my time. I still have 60% battery life left. Reading a lot of reviews I was thinking maybe 6-7 hours of battery life, but it looks like more than that. Some of the initial reviews on the Razr have been horrible.

busab

Reaction score
I really don't understand the reviews about the battery life. My battery life is exceptional. Maybe they all have the data bug that gobs up large amount of data for no apparent reason causing the battery to die quickly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thach

Reaction score
I have been amazed by the battery life as well. I don't have 4g in my area so I have it set to 3g only and that may be helping. But I am averaging about 15 hours before I am at 40%. I love this phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But it goes far further than the battery life. They are bashing it on so many fronts that it's a wonder anybody buys it. :angry:

I have mine, and I can tell you I'd take the RAZR over the iDrop or the HTC nonSENSE phones any day. The screen is being bashed...I think it's beautiful. How many of us are getting a magnifying glass and looking at the pixel layout of the Pentile display? I mean, seriously?>:? The battery life is INCREDIBLE, especially considering the size and brightness of the display, the speed of the dual-core processor, the svelte size, and the almost weightless feel. Sure, they could have gone with a thicker form factor, like the HTC phones, but with the incredible miniaturization technology inside this - if the case were as thick as the HTC phones, the battery could be thick enough to last a week!

The phone is what it is...a marvel in modern technology, a superb phone radio, and an overall performer.

The app needs a way to Thank posts...lol. Totally agree about the screen and Pentile on the RAZR.

OP
T

todroid

Reaction score
It's hard to find any review where there is not some real bias. It can be Android/Apple or Razr/Bionic, etc, etc. The reviewer very often has an axe to grind. And there's also threads like this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/185108-razr-returned.html

Actually, the BGR, Cnet, and Geek.com reviews were pretty fair, without iPhone or Galaxy "Jesus Phone" Nexus comparisons. The last one is most recent and very level-headed, I especially like their conclusion:
Review: Motorola Droid RAZR

jrmdroid

Reaction score
battery life for me after tweaking is way better then i could ever expect. those who are returning the razr due to this are mostly going to experience the same battery life on their new 4g lte enabled phone.

a lot can drain a battery, widgets, wifi on but not connected, bluetooth on but not connected, gps, screen btightness, 4g, playing pandora/slacker or alike apps, surfing the internet, talking on the phone, motocast syncing because of it connected to huge amounts of data files, etc...if all this is going on at the sametime it is going to drain the battery way faster then normal. these phones are kinda like a very small laptop but they are actually not.

all i can say is if you want battery life go get a flip phone with no data connection. i hear those get lots of battery life.

Dan_08

Reaction score
The razr was getting a bad rap but this phone is amazing, moto got it right on this one. blur is not that bad and the smart actions are great when used properly. I'm getting any where from 13hrs to a day and a half when using the sleep functions.