Output Volume Question

jyroch

Reaction score
In relation to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ic-jack-headset-soundout-no-longer-works.html i am looking at rooting and installing a mix/eq to control the "output" vol on my mic-jack. (from thread: plugging a line into the mic jack mutes the onboard speaker but the outbound sound gets muted to(when you plug it in you can hear it for .1s) while i have the mic jack plugged i checked my sound settings and it correctly shows Wired Speakers connected and also the volume settings for media/etc are all maxed/near max. Just wanted to be sure that there is a way once rooted i would be able to maybe see where the thing is getting muted at:heart:. Currently I dont have any other real reason to root my phone and i hate to take the(small) chance of bricking my 200$ that verizon would replace for ("probably free, the mic jac is not directly under free replace war, even tho i explained how this has nothing to do with the physical jack like most other people are/having problems with")

Last edited:
OP
J

jyroch

Reaction score
and the answer is

a faulty mic-to-mic cable ... ya.:stupid:

In my defense it was a 3 month old rocketfish cable(comparable to monster)

what threw me off was the fact that when you plugged it in into a jack it was always detected by the device, car stereo walkman computer etc.

I did not have another mic to mic cable handy so i hooked it into my phone and ran it into my mic-in jack and opened the mixer panel and played some music. And ya, the input meter jumped etc like should with input so i figured it was outputting.

Two hours later im at my wits end. Spend 20 mins moveing things to get ahold of my computers sound out(mic->rca pair) and it works

equal parts laughing and crying on that one, i basicly spent 3 hours (+ 3 the night befor tinking with my hardware/forum posts)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed boss. Sometimes its the simple things that trip us up becasue we are use to everything being complicated and we over think the simple things.