Outlooks to Droid contacts

al d

Reaction score
After hours of pouring over posts about trying to sync Outlook contacts and calender to my new Droid, it looks like I'm one of thousands that can't figure out why someone hasn't made this easier.

I was Blackberry and everything was so easy. I don't use a server or exchange, so it's just all my contacts and to a lesser degree my calender to be updated. I can even go one way from Outlook to my Droid. Both ways would be better, but I'll settle for one way to make it easier.

It looks like I'm down to 2 different 3rd party applications.
"Companion" or "Missing Sync". I don't mind the money to buy the program, but I'm kind of a technodummy and I don't want to have to run to my teenagers every day for help.

Any comments about these 2 programs?
Any chance anyone has tried both?

Topsy

Reaction score
Easiest way for me was to just export my contacts through Outlook to a csv file, then import them into Gmail. Requires no third party software at all and is relatively simple.

As far as the calendar goes, the Google Calender Sync will run on your computer and update your google calendar regularly.

Hope that's some help.

OP
A

al d

Reaction score
Thanks,
I'll give that a try.
Al

Dave18

Reaction score
export to csv file and then import that file to gmail.
I have done this on original setup. Since then, I have new contacts I have saved into my outlook. If I save a new csv file, and reupload to google, will this create d uplicates in google or my phone?

thanks for the help.

Topsy

Reaction score
If the names are exact it will merge them automatically.

If they aren't, u can select multiple contacts in gmail and then select the merge option to combine them.