1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Outlook

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by therealmikegrimm, Apr 6, 2010.

1. therealmikegrimm

therealmikegrimm New Member

Doe's Droid have Outlook? If so how difficult is it to get? I have a droid. My friend wants one but someone told her that Droid doesn't have Outlook and it was difficult to get. Is this true?
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Mine is set up to use Exchange. I use the stock email client with no problems. Initially, I had my contacts in Exchange but migrated everything to Gmail. I used the calendar without problems, also. I believe that accepting meetings may be an issue.

Hope this helps.

Mike
  3. sst45jeff

sst45jeff Member

I have a Google account that i just set up on outlook as an imap Instead of a pop retrieval and it stays in sync with my phone.
    If you have another account you want to keep you could set up a gmail account & forward to it and get the same results.
  4. mj2nco

mj2nco New Member

At the risk of sounding totally clueless here..I use my calendar on Outlook. Can I set it up to sync with my Droid..or am I better off changing to Google calendar? If I can sync it, how do I go about doing this?
  5. Booch_21

Booch_21 New Member

Outlook can feed Google Calendar and then Google Calendar feeds your phone calendar by using Google Calendar Sync. I use it and it works like a charm.

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
  6. mj2nco

mj2nco New Member

Thanks Again

I completed the Outlook/Google sync. Works wonderfully! Thanks so much! Happy Droid Newbie!
  7. viva

viva New Member

I like Sync2 better than Google Sync. Sync2 works both ways and allows to sync Outlook calendar/contacts items with Google
  8. Taegost

Taegost New Member

After I saw this I started checking into the different options... It looks like Sync2 has the best set of features, but its licensing is extremely restrictive. Yeah, it's an unlimited, "lifetime" license, but it's only good for 1 installation. You can re-install it up to 3 times during the first year if you contact them, but after that year, you can't re-install it, so if you wipe your computer (which I do about once per year) or upgrade, you have to purchase it again.
    KiGoo looks interesting, but their entire site throws up malware warnings in Google Chrome, so I wrote that one off.
    I'm gonna test out OggSynch and gcontactsync when I get home tonight.
    I tried the Freeware program GO Synch last night, but it kept giving me "Greater then zero" and "RPC service has stopped" errors with both Outlook 2k3 and 2k7 on a Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium system.
    If gcontactsync works well, then I can probably pair that with the Google Calendar sync to get both contacts and calendar.
    I'm going to try to ghetto rig the Exchange ActiveSync tonight and see if that works, wish me luck on that one! :)
    I'll let ya'll know how this all goes :)
  9. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Well, I installed the Google Calendar Sync and Google Contacts Sync, both of which are freeware applications. The link for Google Contact Sync is at the bottom of the article.
    I'm running these on a Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium system with Outlook 2k7 Enterprise. I set both of them up in less then 5 minutes, and that included reading the instructions :)
    They're simple and easy to use. For the Contact Sync, I had to install an anti-virus program (Didn't realize I had forgotten that!) before Outlook would let it access the contact list without me authorizing it every time, but once I did, it went on working without a hiccup!

UPDATE: I found that the problem I've been having with contact duplication is from the app that I was using, so I removed the link... Guess I'll start testing CompanionLink tonight!
  10. clsales

clsales New Member

I'll also toss in that CompanionLink can sync between Outlook and Google, or direct from Outlook to the Droid via a USB cable. Our licensing is also a little more liberal - we license on a per-user basis. This means you get a lifetime license that lets you install the software on as many PCs as you own. For more info on how to sync the Droid with Outlook, and a 14-day free trial, check out www.companionlink.com/phones/moto-droid.html
  11. arw01

arw01 New Member

Companion link has been around for a number of years and always put out great software. I recall using them with goldmine to sync my palm pilot's in the early days!
  12. Taegost

Taegost New Member

CompanionLink is actually what I was looking at if these freeware programs don't work so well, out of all the ones I saw, yours did seem like one of the nicest and best licensing... I'm just on a duct tape budget right now :)
  13. jwbtx

jwbtx New Member

I have neen pretty happy with GsyncIt.

jwb

Search tags for this page
companionlink or sync2 which is better
companionlink versus sync2

companionlink vs gsyncit

companionlink vs oggsync for calendar
compnaionlink vs sync2

gcontactsync outlook

gsyncit vs companion link vs sync2