Outlook Sync

nerdhick

Reaction score
I haven't found a way to sync my outlook contacts and calendar with the X just yet...

I found Companion Link and a app to put on the phone...but its an extra step or two...we'll see how it works out and I'll let ya know...

If anyone knows something better please let me know!

OP
N

nerdhick

Reaction score
that took WAY to much work and time but I got it done with the trial software...gonna have to buy it if i can't find anything better....

jtdiddy

Reaction score
use gync-it to sync your outlook info to your google account, then sync your X with your google account (gmail/google calendar etc...) wirelessly and viola!

mosely23

Reaction score
The problem with gsync that I have is that it only works if your computer is on and not over the network. Only way for me to get my outlook exchange synced right was Touchdown which has worked flawlessly so far.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
well yea, outlook needs to be on to use gsyncit because you are just basically snycing up your outlook calender/contacts info to your gmail account. You can do this manually or automatically.

i dont use exchange but only POP mail so i can't really say about the use of Touchdown.

some people are saying for you to sync up your email properly you have to upgrade your gmail account to google apps premier which offers full outlook sync. i'm currently looking into this.

OP
N

nerdhick

Reaction score
I just got done exporting everything manually and its worked wireless like...thats a neat feature.

I need to think this out...I need outlook closed to get email on the phone, not a problem when I'm out of the office, guess it wouldn't matter if it didn't sync when I was out of the office, as long as it did it when I opened in the AM adn with it going wireless its OK anyway...

OK, I'm good...

Bdow24

Reaction score
Just wait for the FroYo update. Many newer exchange features to turn your consumer device into an enterprise machine. Otherwise, use the Corporate Sync in your messaging. Add the exchange server details and you get your email. For contacts, export the contacts to a .csv file, and import them into gmail. CATCH... all contacts have to have an email address or else gmail will not import the contact.