Outlook problems

fireandice

Reaction score
For a couple weeks, I had email from 2 outlook accounts (my university and work) coming to my phone... it was great - I'd get a notification when new emails came and I could pull up my updated schedule for work under "calendar." (The accounts are secure, so I now have to enter a password to get in my phone.) However, this week, it all stopped updating. I need to manually go into the email accounts to refresh them, and my calendar isn't updating. Does anyone have any ideas why this happened and any ideas to try to fix it? I am still getting notifications for my gmail accounts. I don't think it's the outlook server because the problem started affecting 2 different outlook accounts at once.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Checked your sync settings yet?

Open your email account and go to Menu>Email Settings>Email Delivery and make sure that Data Push is selected, and that Sync over wifi only is not selected.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a couple weeks, I had email from 2 outlook accounts (my university and work) coming to my phone... it was great - I'd get a notification when new emails came and I could pull up my updated schedule for work under "calendar." (The accounts are secure, so I now have to enter a password to get in my phone.) However, this week, it all stopped updating. I need to manually go into the email accounts to refresh them, and my calendar isn't updating. Does anyone have any ideas why this happened and any ideas to try to fix it? I am still getting notifications for my gmail accounts. I don't think it's the outlook server because the problem started affecting 2 different outlook accounts at once.

Have you tried clearing the cache and data of your gmail? Worth a try. Settings/applications/all applications/gmail clear cache and data.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Have you tried clearing the cache and data of your gmail? Worth a try. Settings/applications/all applications/gmail clear cache and data.

Of Gmail?

New trick, or did you just miss the Outlook/secure comments. :)

But yes, that could be worth trying - actually one of the first things I'd do is simply remove and re-add both accounts. Takes just a couple of minutes and you lose nothing...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Of Gmail?

New trick, or did you just miss the Outlook/secure comments. :)

But yes, that could be worth trying - actually one of the first things I'd do is simply remove and re-add both accounts. Takes just a couple of minutes and you lose nothing...

No, I liked your idea better, it's just that you typed it just a little faster then my idea. :)

OP
F

fireandice

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! Still figuring out how to use this thing! I selected data push and deselected 'sync over wi-fi'... I think I have to wait 15 minutes to see if it syncs automatically now.. I also cleared the gmail cache; doesn't hurt to get rid of some garbage. If that doesn't work, I will just re-add them.. thanks!

In the meantime, I also went to add>android widgets>power control.. and now I have a bar on my screen (for brightness of the screen, syncing, wi-fi, and a couple other things) and now I can't get the bar off. Anyone know how?

eta: never mind on that last question; I figured out how to drag it

Last edited:

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! Still figuring out how to use this thing! I selected data push and deselected 'sync over wi-fi'... I think I have to wait 15 minutes to see if it syncs automatically now.. I also cleared the gmail cache; doesn't hurt to get rid of some garbage. If that doesn't work, I will just re-add them.. thanks!

In the meantime, I also went to add>android widgets>power control.. and now I have a bar on my screen (for brightness of the screen, syncing, wi-fi, and a couple other things) and now I can't get the bar off. Anyone know how?

eta: never mind on that last question; I figured out how to drag it

Push is push (aka instant) so no wait - the 15 minute thing you saw is for when push is off.

Send yourself an email from another account - it should show up right away...

OP
F

fireandice

Reaction score
Thanks! I needed to delete the accounts and re-enter them..but now it seems to be working!