Outlook in email help

ccdskater

Reaction score
I just got a note 4 and I'm trying to add my work email. It's a Microsoft Exchange email account but it's not letting me add it to the email app. Anyone know any tips to try???thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Excellent link @thunderbolt_nick. That site has all the necessary information to add exchange accounts to the E-Mail app. One question to ask is: Does your IT department / company allow employees to connect to the exchange server with personal phones? My company did for a few years, and provided us all of the settings needed get our work mail on our phones. About a year ago, we upgraded our mail servers and they decided that was a security risk and do not allow personal phones to access work mail anymore (unless we request that our phones are added to the domain and IT takes over full control of the phone). Now our exchange settings screen, that we would need to enter into the E-Mail app, looks like this:

OWA Phone - Copy2.jpg

OP
C

ccdskater

Reaction score
Do you know if your company / IT department allows employees to access work mail on personal phones?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Ya they do,I had it with my iPhone before I got this one

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ya they do,I had it with my iPhone before I got this one
That's good, now it's probably just a matter of figuring out how to configure your phone. Do you know all of the Exchange settings that you will need to enter (Domain name, server name, Outgoing & incoming Ports, etc.)? I'm sure someone here can help.

OP
C

ccdskater

Reaction score
No I don't but I followed that guide and it didn't work

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No I don't but I followed that guide and it didn't work

This is the part of the article that might be helpful:

...."Find your Exchange server name
If your email program isn't able to automatically find your Exchange ActiveSync server name, you may need to look it up.
  • If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
  • If you’re connecting to an Exchange mailbox and aren't using Office 365, or if you aren’t sure if you're using Office 365, follow these steps to look up your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
  1. Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App. For help signing in, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
  2. If you're connecting to an Exchange mailbox, but aren't using Office 365, your Exchange ActiveSync server name is contained in the address bar in your browser when you are signed in to Outlook Web app, but without the leading https:// and without the trailing /owa. For example, if the address you use to access Outlook Web App is https://mail.contoso.com/owa, your Exchange ActiveSync server name ismail.contoso.com.
  3. If you're unable to connect to your mailbox using the information earlier in this section, you can try using the server name value that you can view in Outlook Web App options.
    1. In Outlook Web App, your on the toolbar, click Settings
      22ecb306-849a-4d04-8885-fe49ec9df8ce.png
      > Options > Account > My account >Settings for POP and IMAP access.

NOTE Although you’re not setting up a POP3 account, you will use this value to determine your Exchange ActiveSync server name.

2. Under POP setting, look at the value for Server name.

If the Server name value is outlook.office365.com, your account is an Office 365 work or school account, and you can use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange server name.

If the Server name value is not outlook.office365.com, you can try using the server name listed on your options page. For example if the server name is mail.contoso.com, try using mail.contoso.com as your Exchange server name."...
These are the steps I had to use when my company did allow us to get work mail on our phones.

OP
C

ccdskater

Reaction score

If your email program isn't able to automatically find your Exchange ActiveSync server name, you may need to look it up.
  • If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
  • If you’re connecting to an Exchange mailbox and aren't using Office 365, or if you aren’t sure if you're using Office 365, follow these steps to look up your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
  1. Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App. For help signing in, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
  2. If you're connecting to an Exchange mailbox, but aren't using Office 365, your Exchange ActiveSync server name is contained in the address bar in your browser when you are signed in to Outlook Web app, but without the leading https:// and without the trailing /owa. For example, if the address you use to access Outlook Web App is https://mail.contoso.com/owa, your Exchange ActiveSync server name ismail.contoso.com.
  3. If you're unable to connect to your mailbox using the information earlier in this section, you can try using the server name value that you can view in Outlook Web App options.

NOTE Although you’re not setting up a POP3 account, you will use this value to determine your Exchange ActiveSync server name.

If the Server name value is outlook.office365.com, your account is an Office 365 work or school account, and you can use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange server name.

If the Server name value is not outlook.office365.com, you can try using the server name listed on your options page. For example if the server name is mail.contoso.com, try using mail.contoso.com as your Exchange server name."...
These are the steps I had to use when my company did allow us to get work mail on our phones.
I got it to work with that guide!!! Thanks sajokaz

OP
C

ccdskater

Reaction score

I got it to work with that guide!!! Thanks sajokaz

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved.