Outlook email sent items

jsje

Reaction score
I have my Moto Droid set up with my Outlook email. I can receive and send emails with no problem. My issue is that when I send an email from my Droid, it does not sync back to my sent items folder in Outlook. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work that way? I'm reluctant to use my Droid to send emails because I end up with no record of them. Any help would be appreciated!

rgn2000

Reaction score
I have my Moto Droid set up with my Outlook email. I can receive and send emails with no problem. My issue is that when I send an email from my Droid, it does not sync back to my sent items folder in Outlook. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work that way? I'm reluctant to use my Droid to send emails because I end up with no record of them. Any help would be appreciated!

Is this a POP email account (I am assuming). The sent mail from either your computer or your Droid will not sync. The only way it will is with an IMAP type of email account. The only other way would be to use gmail to grab your pop email account emails. You would then use your gmail account (or another gmail account) to read and write emails. There are numerous discussions on the forum. I have done that with a pop email address of mine and it works great.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Outlook" doesn't mean a thing. We need to know the type of email account. Outlook is a mail client on your PC and it supports a number of different types of mail servers (Exchange, IMAP, POP, etc). We're left guessing as to what your options are as different email account types work differently. Your Droid doesn't interact with Outlook. It interacts with your mail servers. Please provide the details we need to assist you.

If you have a POP account you can BCC yourself and use a rule in Outlook to move those items to the Sent Items folder. I don't know if the stock email app has an autoBCC setting or even if other email apps offer such a feature.

POP accounts don't really sync. They're just polled. Mail can be left on the server or deleted. The mail server doesn't have the folder structure that you have in Outlook (or whatever client you're using).

Is this a POP email account (I am assuming). The sent mail from either your computer or your Droid will not sync. The only way it will is with an IMAP type of email account.
...or Exchange.

This is why you can't just run with assumptions based on the mere mention of Outlook.