Outlook email pushed to Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by longhorn31, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Chadillac

Chadillac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ?

Big Tex -

Do you know how to "set up yourself" as described below on Droid? >>> ActiveSync works just fine in Android at the OS level, and did as of Version 1.5 and earlier. It uses OWA on port 80 and 443 and as a result can NOT be filtered out, as it would kill ALL WEB TRAFFIC. >>> More clearly, how do you setup port 80 and 443?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.
    Just get the phone, don't tell verizon, and set it up yourself

2. TOPCAT

TOPCAT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My company has Outlook and while we have active exchange and OWA I was told by our tech support that we cannot push email to a Motorola Droid via exchange nor OWA since there is a major security flaw with the Motorola Droid. That didn't make too much sense and I'm not sure how you would block OWA but accepting it at face value it leads me to a question. Is there a way to push or relay my work email to another one of my emails, say, AOL or Gmail and then I could access it there from a M Droid. Not sure if I respond to a message that is sent there if it goes back to me on AOL or Gmail. Anybody try this?

3. MnMnmnm

MnMnmnm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this has been answered yet, but we have the outlook configured with PC Monitor correctly since my emails are showing up in the Verizon Wireless Sync site but they don't push to the Droid.

When trying to configure the device, the Droid is not listed as a device to configure.

What am I missing?

4. joesharpsec1

joesharpsec1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do I get my calendar to sych on my Droid. I have only had the phone two weeks but nothing shows up in either calendar. Aslo, is there a way to sort e-mail by "Received by" or alphabetically?

5. TOPCAT

TOPCAT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK-my IT security foks got back to me and said the Droid won't work with OWA and the issue on Active Exchange is that the Droid won't recognize the security pin that is pushed out. They say it is a common problem and that for us and for many corporations that even if you can get around this and get email on the Droid it places you in viloation of your company's security policies. They say they and other corporations are talking with Verizon and Verizon hopes to have it resolved "soon"

6. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hear the Touchdown app will work with PINs, it's a paid app and shouldn't be necessary but until the Droid fully supports ActiveSync security policies, it's something you could try.

Or you may talk the security folks into allowing exceptions as described here.
    https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39440/p/30,6720,7155

7. longhorn31

longhorn31 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using Touchdown and OWA to get my email, calendar, and contacts. My IT folks had my Droid for a couple of hours to set it up and it's worked ever since.

Search tags for this page
how to get e-mail on a droid

how to get outlook email on droid

how to push outlook email android
how to push outlook email to android phone
outlook email push to android
outlook push email android
publix outlook web access
push outlook calendar to droid 2014
push outlook email to android
retail mail publix owa