Outlook email pushed to Droid?

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Wow, so many issues. I set mine up in all of 5 mnutes. Calendar took a while to sync, but email synced immediately. Settings were

eq\abc1234 - domain\login ID
[email protected]
username password with SSL checked

I know it's been said, but make sure to check that you have proper settings first. I've seen way too many people mess up initial configurations on multiple devices because they were inputting someting incorrectly. Not trying to be a know-it-all, but just making sure that anyone having problems is crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

smallprint

Reaction score
Your data is not capable of being remote wiped from Exchange. I can have mine setup in 4 minutes actually, but the inability to push a security policy to the phone causes major issues. The future of this phone working as a business device depends on this ability. For home use, its working perfect.

third party aps are not an option for most organizations. Waste of IT resources setting up phone when i can give someone an iphone or WinMo phone.

Wow, so many issues. I set mine up in all of 5 mnutes. Calendar took a while to sync, but email synced immediately. Settings were

eq\abc1234 - domain\login ID
[email protected]
username password with SSL checked

I know it's been said, but make sure to check that you have proper settings first. I've seen way too many people mess up initial configurations on multiple devices because they were inputting someting incorrectly. Not trying to be a know-it-all, but just making sure that anyone having problems is crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

bguild

Reaction score
Let me restate what I said.

When you connect your phone with you Exchange, are you forced to create a password to logon?

I'm in Systems Support, so I'm in charge of configuring mobile devices for our company. I'm having the exact same problem you are, and yes Exchange requires each mobile device have the security feature turned on. This is a required policy, even though we are using OWA. After synch, the Mailbox appears blacked out(blank), although it appears some meetings came through to the calendar, not sure how this happened, but I think the forced security policy may be the cause of the issues. Let me know if you figure this out. I think it's gonna be a big issue.

-Robert :icon_rolleyes:

Robert - SAME EXACT PROBLEM. When setting up the account, user ids, domains, passwords, etc are all correct, and DROID accept the account. But when it syncs, it only syncs the Exchange Calendar, no email or contacts. I have no idea what is going on, and this is the first instance I have seen of someone having the exact same problem. Please post here if you discover whats going on....

dbbrow2

Reaction score
I got a Droid this morning, have Outlook mail and contacts synced up on it via a webmail / OWA session but am puzzled why my calendar entries aren’t also showing / syncing up. Under the Data & synchronization part of my my ‘Corporate’ account, it shows that Sync Corporate Calendar is selected. I figure if I didn't have something set correctly I wouldn't get the mail or contacts either but this getting 'partial' success is a little strange.

BzB

Reaction score
i've also successfully synced email, contacts, and calendar with exchange. in my case i had to use the ip address of our email server instead of the domain.com name and check both ssl boxes to get everything syncing. i have the $45 plan. for those of you having issues do you have the $30 or $45 plan?

rollzroyce

Reaction score
Same problem, calendars are syncing fine but no corporate emails. We do have an exchange password policy enforced which could be causing the problem. This would be a deal breaker. iPhone and Palm Pre have this capability why not droid?

dbbrow2

Reaction score
It just seems weird to me. I would think it would be an 'all or nothing'. I either am able to sync my email, contacts, and calendar with exchange or I don't sync any of them. I'm syncing mail and contacts but not mail and there's a bog green check mark on both "Sync Corporate Calendar" and "Sync Contacts". I'm using the domain name of my OWA server, with the <server name>\<uname> and my passwd on the password line. My OWA server doesn't use SSL so I don't have that checked in the setup.

dbbrow2

Reaction score
Oh, sorry forgot the 'plan' part. I have the $30 data plan vs the $45. If the calendar is going to magically work on the $45 plan I'll pay it to not keep screwing around and wasting time troubleshooting.

smallprint

Reaction score
The problem is that your exchange server is trying to push a security policy to the phone. The Droid does not accept a security policy = phone cant be remote wiped from exchange.

The_Cerberus

Reaction score
I set up my Droid with my Exchange Server with no problems.
Username is just my username. Do not include your domain.
Enter your password. The same one you log into windows with.
Your server will be mail.whateveryourdomainis.com
UNCHECK Use secure connection (SSL) This is not used by exchange by default, and is probably not enabled on most.
Your inbox should start populating immediately. I noticed the calendar takes a few minutes.

dbbrow2

Reaction score
The problem for me, and for others that are dealing with an Exchange server that has a 'security policy' set, is as smallprint said, because you have a security policy set we're having the issue. The implied answer would be then that because calendaring works for you there is no security policy set on your Exchange server. The rest of us wait for a fix. I've tried the Touchdown app on the five day trial that I've read in other threads that some have suggested and I'm not seeing where that is making any difference on calendaring. Mail and contacts are just fine with the base Droid.

jraggio

Reaction score
The problem for me, and for others that are dealing with an Exchange server that has a 'security policy' set, is as smallprint said, because you have a security policy set we're having the issue. The implied answer would be then that because calendaring works for you there is no security policy set on your Exchange server. The rest of us wait for a fix. I've tried the Touchdown app on the five day trial that I've read in other threads that some have suggested and I'm not seeing where that is making any difference on calendaring. Mail and contacts are just fine with the base Droid.

I have some experience with accessing my data using windows mobile and know that my companies servers do push the policy that requires a pin. I used a $30 data plan then and it worked fine with the pin. The $45 plan will not make a difference here.

I can't get my contacts or mail now with the native android syncing and apps because of the pin support. For some odd reason the calendar is syncing. I get all three using touchdown since touchdown is honoring the security policy and requires me to enter a pin. I *thnk* our exchange server is 2003.

From what I've read there are folks out there that are able to do the opposite, sync mail and contacts and not calendar. I am pretty sure those people are using exchange 2007 servers that do not have the latest SP. It seems in all cases, once the SP was applied calendar worked for them. Not sure if 2007 uses different security policies or what.

Bottom line there are a few variables here:

does the server require a pin security policy?
- not supported by native android 2.0 exchange support, but is supported on third party apps like touchdown

2003 vs 2007 servers, if 2007, is it SP2?

I am anxiously waiting for google, moto, VZ to release a patch that supports the pin security policy and we should be good to go. Until then I am trying to figure out which thirdparty app to use. Touchdown seems cool, but I want something that ties into the native apps and the call log and caller ID etc. Any suggesttions? Please see this thread where I listed a few that I found.

Exchange not working - Android Forums

John