Outdated, do not use.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I apologize but I forgot the purpose of this thread. This thread is for reporting bugs to Pete about GPA15, and not for the topics we're bringing up. Sorry Pete! I'll pm you (motodroid118) with better instructions when I get a few free minutes.

2. zoomy942

zoomy942 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I wonder if Pete would be willing to make the kernels drop to 125 on the low side? I've been using a 125/600 kernel with froyo and it worked great. I tried it with GPA15 and it worked perfectly speed wise. It defaults to ondemand as well, instead of interactive which i prefer.

3. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    It's at 250 because of the txt messaging issue. It seems that if the min is at 125 on GB you don't get txts, mms, or both.

4. zoomy942

zoomy942 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hmmm. i used my 126/600 kernel on this GB build for 3 days and it worked withtou a hitch. Maybe his GB builds are efficient enough?

Just thinking out loud I suppose

5. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    I'm not sure. There was issues with txting not working and someone said it was because the min was @125. Since then ROMer have been forcing the min on the CPU to be 250.

It might be something else, but that's just what I'm thinking.

6. zoomy942

zoomy942 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    fair enough. I just thought of it becasue it could save even more battery life and my rz zoomy942 kernel worked fine, it just wasnt made for GB.

Maybe pete will give it some thought.

7. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not sire if this will work for everyone else but my data wasn't reconnecting after calls without toggling airplane mode and I went into
    Wireless network settings
    Mobile network settings
    And I unchecked data enabled while roaming and my data reconnects after calls now again
    Hopefully it'll help unless my phone is special lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

8. Purplehaze

Purplehaze Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have tried everything to get the data issue on 02 fixed to no avail. So, back to 14 perm until the bionic surfaces.
    I watch this thread and have heard some say GB doesn't play well with cdma. Let us not forget, 14 is 2.3.3, and is flawless for me. Actually I run a custom kernel and I personally don't see any enhancements that make the struggle with 15. Actually it's hard to find any. This latest flavor of 2.3.3 just doesn't play well with my phone. I am tickled and my friends envious that I have GB on this phone at all. Guys like Pete that pump new life in our dated droids. For that my eternal gratitude. I'm happy with 14,, of course until the next release comes out then it's time to play again :)
    Mike

9. zoomy942

zoomy942 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So question. I know I have to use the over clock script to move the kernel past 600.

Does this apply to the LV one? Will it stay at 600 too?

10. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like Pete has removed 5/2 from the beta list! The odd thing is that I have practically no issues with 5/2. Maybe because I'm running it without overclocking it?

11. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
    Pete posted an official GPA15 release on his website. Guess he's working on GPA16 now.

12. wattnxt

wattnxt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you may have hit the nail on the head...

For those with extreme redraw issues, lag at phone screen and other oddball issues that you can't reproduce:

I haven't been able to confirm this with the 3g issues yet, but for those that are overclocking, AND using SetCPU there seems to be issues with the interactive governor and SetCPU not playing nice together and it causes SetCPU to "hang" on one of your profiles. Typically it's the UNDERCLOCK profile it gets stuck on for a bit. Causing lag and all kinds of other weird issues.

Try this:
    Go to SetCPU and go to the advanced tab. UNCHECK set on boot for the advanced tab. Go to Main, and make sure the minimum slider is at 250 and max is at max for your kernel. You can leave your profiles alone, they are fine. Reboot your phone. OMG!!!! I can't believe the difference.

This may be why the issues are so intermittent. Keep me posted. Wouldn't that be a B**** if that was the prob....UGH... My lag is now gone and hoping that my 3g issue is too.

Thanks Pete...looking forward to 16!!!

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
disable normalize sleeper

disable normalized sleeper

disable sleepers android
i have a voicemail notification but no voicemail dated 1/1/7
is droid 3 outdated
new voice mail 1/1/70
verizon vm 1/1/70